Not sure where to post this...

Options
In the GOALS tab, it has Normal Daily Activity burned. What is included in the NDA??

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    When you set up your account, it asked about your lifestyle/occupation. You had to choose "sedentary" or something else. "Normal daily activity" is this plus a baseline. If you work at a desk all day (sedentary) you get fewer additional (to the baseline) calories as you would if you worked in construction, for example.

Normal daily activity does NOT include any exercise you enter, which is why MFP adjusts your calories if you exercise.

HTH:flowerforyou:
  • jigs
    jigs Posts: 70
    Options
    When you set up your profile this is one of the questions:

How would you describe your normal daily activities?
    Sedentary: Spend most of the day sitting (e.g. bank teller, desk job)
    Lightly active: Spend a good part of the day on your feet (e.g. nurse, salesman)
    Active: Spend a good part of the day doing some physical activity (e.g. waitress, mailman)
    Very active: Spend most of the day doing heavy physical activity (e.g. bike messenger, carpenter)

Which ever of the four choices you pick is your NDA.

Hope this helps.
  • lindsay1982
    lindsay1982 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Ok, well I found a webiste that breaks down calories burned all the way to showering, fixing hair, and applying makeup. Can I include these as my exercise, or is that included already??
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Ok, well I found a webiste that breaks down calories burned all the way to showering, fixing hair, and applying makeup. Can I include these as my exercise, or is that included already??

thats included! if you look up your BMR it will tell you how many calories you would burn just laying in bed, and when you see your Normal Daily activity will be slightly higher ( around 300 or more higher)...........
  • lindsay1982
    Options

thats included! if you look up your BMR it will tell you how many calories you would burn just laying in bed, and when you see your Normal Daily activity will be slightly higher ( around 300 or more higher)...........

Ok, thanks so much!!
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    By the way, I double checked my perceived activity level (sedentary). I found a website that broke it all down for me, and I added up the basics of my days. The calories I burn are quite a bit higher than this site allocates for 'sedentary'. Once I changed it to lightly active, I was closer to where I should be.
  • lindsay1982
    Options
    By the way, I double checked my perceived activity level (sedentary). I found a website that broke it all down for me, and I added up the basics of my days. The calories I burn are quite a bit higher than this site allocates for 'sedentary'. Once I changed it to lightly active, I was closer to where I should be.

Wuold you mind saying what website that was, sure would hate if mine were wrong, even if I am losing.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Hate to say it, but a nurse now a days is not only slightly active. I don`t get their comparisons...I`d like to check elsewhere too.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Hate to say it, but a nurse now a days is not only slightly active. I don`t get their comparisons...I`d like to check elsewhere too.