i dont understand

Options
i dont understand what i am doin wrong. i have been doin this for 2 weeks and i havent lost anyweight. i weighed myself today and i gained a pound. i mean i dont over eat and when i do go over my 1200 calories i make sure to work it off i mean i do my elliptical for like an hour if i go overboard with my calories and when i am doing good i excersice on my elliptical for 30 min everyday so i dont understand why i am not loosing weight, does anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

• natashav
    natashav Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    i dont understand what i am doin wrong. i have been doin this for 2 weeks and i havent lost anyweight. i weighed myself today and i gained a pound. i mean i dont over eat and when i do go over my 1200 calories i make sure to work it off i mean i do my elliptical for like an hour if i go overboard with my calories and when i am doing good i excersice on my elliptical for 30 min everyday so i dont understand why i am not loosing weight, does anyone have any suggestions?
  • EDeniseW
    EDeniseW Posts: 10
    Options
    Well..as you know- you are probably turning fat into muscle. Since muscle weighs more than fat , it seems that you are going in the wrong direction when in fact you are getting healthier. This is what I believe is going on. Plus some people don't gain muscle as fast as others, so if this is the case, you are blessed to be one of those that does!:flowerforyou:
  • hollychristine
    hollychristine Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are spreding your calories throughout the day. You should never go more than 5 hours without eating, it will slow your metabolism.
    Also don't be so hard on yourself. That one pound could be muscle or it could just be water. I haven't lost any weight in the last week but I can wear pants that have been in the back of my closet for a while. Don't focus on a number.
    For some more info check out realage.com
    Dr. Oz and Dr. Rozien have great educational tools to pump up your routine and get you through slumps. For example, you may be sticking to 1200 cals. but your food choices may be causing your metabolism to slow down. Good luck to you.
  • emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    are you eating your exercise calories? some people are confused by that.

also, and i know its hard, be patient. think of this as a lifestyle change, not about getting instant results. you're becoming healthier, weight is just one aspect of that.

you could also try taking measurements instead weighing yourself, and see if that's a better motivator for you.

don't give up:flowerforyou:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    we can't help without your numbers

we need your current weight, height, activity level (what you do for work, and any extra activities you do besides workouts). without those we can't really help you with it.
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    are you eating your exercise calories? some people are confused by that.

also, and i know its hard, be patient. think of this as a lifestyle change, not about getting instant results. you're becoming healthier, weight is just one aspect of that.

you could also try taking measurements instead weighing yourself, and see if that's a better motivator for you.

don't give up:flowerforyou:

You have it girl.......I do weigh myself BUT. I was a previous gymnist and I have VERY LARGE muscles to begin with. If I focus on the scale I will be discouraged, as my body rarely loses weight all that easy, BUT THE MEASURING TAPE!!!!!!!! Now that is where I see the pounds coming off, in inches rather then weight. Hang in there~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!