When do you eat your "big meal"?

Options

Replies

• shannonperry13
    Options
    i usually have about 300 calories for breakfast and lunch, and usually 200-300 calorie snacks after breakfast and lunch. and then for supper i would say i usually have about 500 cal or so. i seem to feel hungrier around 4-5pm
  • JonathonMars
    JonathonMars Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Breakfast. It's also when I consume the most carbs. Also probably my favorite meal of the day.
  • nathan72
    nathan72 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Dinner, for sure. I am somewhat hungry at lunch but dinner is when I want to eat the most.
    ^^this
  • missquela
    missquela Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    depends...on weekends, i eat a big breakfast and then have small snacks until a 4-500 cal dinner, and on workdays i have a tiny breakfast 1-200 cals and divide the rest for lunch and dinner...if i know i'm going out, i'll have a light lunch, if i know i'm eating a lean cuisine, i'll eat more cals at lunch so i won't have to eat too much later.
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    It depends on the day. Usually on my work days dinner will be my biggest meal just because I feel really hungry after my workout after work, but on my days off usually I'm just snacking in the afternoon and this can add up to 600+ easily:)
  • MissYatta
    MissYatta Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I eat my big meal at dinner because it's when I have time to actually cook without my nephew tearing the house down. I also like to eat after my workout, that way I don't get hungry during the night and snack on everything.
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I try to save up for the evening meal when my husband and I cook together or go out with friends. It's much easier to eat lighter at work with little or no breakfast (yogurt, fruit, nuts) and a light lunch (frozen dinner, salad, or half of a light entree). If I've got extra calories left after dinner, I enjoy dessert! ;)
  • xlolitabandita
    Options
    Usually I like to eat a big breakfast with lots of protein from eggs and carbs from fresh fruit. I look forward to making myself a beautiful, colorful plate and the meal really gets my day off to a good start. Not to mention, I have all day long to burn those calories off.
  • jlbeach
    jlbeach Posts: 1
    Options
    Breakfast. I'm just starting out with this so I'm still sorting it out. I get reactive hypoglycemia after I eat if I have carbs with lunch and then I crash at work. I've found that getting a cardio workout in the morning and having a solid breakfast keeps my energy level up throughout the day.
  • Slendertree
    Options
    The morning, I eat 300-400 calories for breakfast. I also work out in the morning. If I don't eat enough before I workout I get very sick and dizzy.
  • tlinval
    tlinval Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm finding that I feel better throughout the day with a bigger lunch. Not sure why, but I just go with it! When I run I run in the evenings, so a big dinner just makes me feel bogged down. I've also noticed if I have a big dinner I tend to go overboard and/or I want to snack all evening long. I try to do 400-500cals for lunch.
  • bennjammin
    bennjammin Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    1st or 2nd meal of the day for me (my 1st meal is anytime between noon and 5pm). I've been doing IF for a few weeks and the results have been phenomenal so far and it's been so much easier for me to control my appetite. Once I turn on my taste buds all hell breaks loose! When I was doing five to six meals a day, I was constantly hitting 1,000 calories by lunch and I was starving by dinner, which never seemed to be enough. I hated all of the preparation and revolving my day around food. I know everyone has their own opinions, but IF has worked beautifully for me.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    It varies from day to day. Some days I eat a big lunch, some days I eat a big dinner. Most of the time I eat fairly small lunches and dinners and eat a lot of snacks.
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Biggest is dinner.
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Just wondering when people have their "big meal" for the day. I typically eat about half of my daily cals (about 8-900 of my 2000) at lunch. I usually eat a 4-500 cal meal in the morning and a 5-600 cal meal in the evening. For me, eating more mid-day keeps me from snacking in the late afternoon. Just wonder what others thoughts are.

PS, I know there's no metabolic advantage to when food is consumed, just wonder about people's preferences.

I've been wanting to experiment with eating a huge meal (but haven't started yet) since one day I had a big breakfast which came to around 900 something calories. I felt bad that I ate all that in one setting and thought I would ruin the day since I had the whole day to go still but I noticed that I was not hungry at all for rest of the day and actually felt really good until evening which then I had the rest of the calories. I tend to eat all throughout the day and feel hungry most of the time, even if I ate like a 300 calorie meal.
  • mellabyte
    mellabyte Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I try to have most of my calories during the day, usually during lunch. I try to keep my smallest (and lowest carb meal) my dinner. I find that when I have a big carb-laden dinner, I feel sluggish afterwards... This usually isn't the case if I have a hearty lunch.
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I tend to have my biggest meals at dinner and then a snack or two afterwards. On rare occasion, I may have to shift that because of a work lunch. However, I usually eat a big dinner.
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    1st or 2nd meal of the day for me (my 1st meal is anytime between noon and 5pm). I've been doing IF for a few weeks and the results have been phenomenal so far and it's been so much easier for me to control my appetite. Once I turn on my taste buds all hell breaks loose! When I was doing five to six meals a day, I was constantly hitting 1,000 calories by lunch and I was starving by dinner, which never seemed to be enough. I hated all of the preparation and revolving my day around food. I know everyone has their own opinions, but IF has worked beautifully for me.

What's IF?
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Dinner time.
  • obeseto13point1
    obeseto13point1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Dinner, but I often split my dinner into two "meals" depending on when my workout is going to be. Eat a little before, eat the rest after.