First before n after pics 27 lbs

Options
CoderGal
CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
I'm not a crazy success story, but here it is. I wanted this up before I started on weights to compare for later. The below pic was me a few years ago before a dance performance...
13599033_7608.jpg

somewhere between there and now I ended up getting into a motorcycle accident, leaving dance due to money restrictions, essentially stopped moving and was getting incredibly stressed out and ended up at 150 lbs. Still in the healthy range for my height, but going from dancing 5 days a week to not doing anything, it sure didn't feel like it. My resting heart rate was about 110 bpm (it was probably about 60 before).

~150lbs:
292367_10150254652876829_609976828_7929005_2869685_n.jpg

I'm a full time student with a bad back and a sky rocketing heart rate, so I basically lost all my weight with very little exercise. Though before winter and semester hit I started hiking a bit to get my back strength up. Below is a unrelated image because I'm kinda in the background, but everyone should hike Newfoundland...so many blueberries.

140 lbs:
313268_10150790573300607_620185606_20770458_5510875_n.jpg

That started and quickly fizzled out when winter and semester started. I try to park my car about 20 minutes away from my classroom on week days (rain or blizzard). That's about the exercise I got for the day. I increased the amount of vegetables I was eating, but I didn't restrict my diet. I still had my cake and ate it to.

130lbs (20 pounds gone):
429330_10151408226840607_620185606_23513788_1589520734_n.jpg

Sometimes I'd do a few sit ups or lift a few light Avon weights (they're 5 or 10 pounds) for 5 minutes a day. MFP put me on a 1200 calorie diet. I felt fine but read a lot of threads talking about BMR so I upped my calorie intake. I've been eating between 1670-2400 calories a day. Today I'm 123 lbs, 3 lbs away from my goal.

The sedentary lifestyle blows stuff so after this semester is over I'm only going to be taking a few courses and trying to get my back strength back! I wanted the first before pic to be before I started working out to see the changes.

150 lbs -> 123 lbs:
13599033_3486.jpg13599033_4692.jpg

Current measurements (taken today):
5'7
chest: 34 inches
waist: 25 inches
butt: 36.5 inches <-I've lost pretty much nothing from here. It'll be interesting to see if my chest and butt disappear with exercise

Replies

• kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! :) Great job!
  • NinjaChickie
    NinjaChickie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    w00t.... awesome job CoderGal.
    Way to go.
    You look amazing.

Someday I'll make it from BC to NF, I'd love to ride my Ninja across country, see the whole thing. NF looks amazing too.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, my friend!!! Well done :) Great pics... really shows your personality as well :)) You look great, can't wait to see you pick up the weights now!
  • DestinyDarbi
    DestinyDarbi Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I love love love your story!!!! You look fantastic, congrats :):flowerforyou:
  • njmp
    njmp Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Yay!!!! Super well done my friend. You look fantastic...you've still got great curves! Don't worry about losing them, more likely you will enhance them. Cheers to oreos!
  • CoderGal
    Options
    w00t.... awesome job CoderGal.
    Way to go.
    You look amazing.

Someday I'll make it from BC to NF, I'd love to ride my Ninja across country, see the whole thing. NF looks amazing too.
    I LOVE biking here (we changed from NF to NL years back btw :P)

Check out the iceburg
    866315019_aMLoN-L-14.jpg
    nf1.jpg
    Love the sign on this one lol:
    SignalHill01.JPG
    Picture+111.jpg

We are definitely not the square cookie cutter place
    aPicture+025.jpg

Here's a pic of me and some of my friends lol:
    34526_10150222437940607_620185606_13302243_5912471_n.jpg
    36755_10150221377475607_620185606_13272570_5303648_n.jpg
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    You look great! I used to dance so I know how you felt. Cheers to you :drinker:
  • jac264
    jac264 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    wow that's amazing! Crazy that you didn't lose from your hips! I'm exactly the same weight and height and my measurements are 33, 25, 35. I think its all in the proportions, as I have short legs and a very long torso - but would much rather have your long legs and wider hips. Are you still eating 1600-2400 a day? I also want to lose the last 3 pounds but was thinking of eating 1400 (plus my exercise cals)
  • CoderGal
    Options
    Thanks for the comments everyone.
    Congratulations, my friend!!! Well done :) Great pics... really shows your personality as well :)) You look great, can't wait to see you pick up the weights now!
    shows personality? Is it the t-shirt :P
    wow that's amazing! Crazy that you didn't lose from your hips! I'm exactly the same weight and height and my measurements are 33, 25, 35. I think its all in the proportions, as I have short legs and a very long torso - but would much rather have your long legs and wider hips. Are you still eating 1600-2400 a day? I also want to lose the last 3 pounds but was thinking of eating 1400 (plus my exercise cals)
    Wow you're a lot closer to me then I thought! How on earth do you find clothes? My legs are long but I find it's hard enough to find shirts that are long enough for me. Pants aren't bad in length, I can manage to get a 33 inseam but like to wear heals...my problem with pants is where I have a butt all my jeans stick off in the back. I'm obsessed with yoga pants now but they're hard to get long enough. And yep, you should be able to see my dairy :) I'm just going to bottom out at whatever weight I bottom out at...but I'm determined to at least temporarily get rid of 3 pounds so I hit goal. 1400 isn't to bad, still above your BMR. Hard to live there for any amount of time though. You may be at a weird Plateau that might go away eventually.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Great job your looking awesome
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    LOVELY pics... seriously gorgeous there!!! They all show your personality :P
  • NewMeTomG
    NewMeTomG Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! It is easy to get off track, but it takes courage to face the facts and do something about it.

Well done!!
  • CoderGal
    Options
    Yay!!!! Super well done my friend. You look fantastic...you've still got great curves! Don't worry about losing them, more likely you will enhance them. Cheers to oreos!
    I celebrated with recees today lol.

And for those who don't know, I haven't had a oreo since I started loosing weight, after 3 pounds are gone, I'm eating a box lol.
  • phillbis
    phillbis Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great!
  • NinjaChickie
    NinjaChickie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I LOVE biking here (we changed from NF to NL years back btw :P)

hee hee.. oops... :blushing:
  • wolf5090
    wolf5090 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You looked great before and you look great now! Congrats :D
  • HodderAL
    HodderAL Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!! Great work :) I can't imagine the lifestyle change and how it must have bugged you to go from dancing all the time to sedentary. But everything happens for a reason eh?!

On another note, we have LOTS of awesome trails here that you can hike... the only problem is choosing which one to do first!! lol.
  • CoderGal
    Options
    You looked great before and you look great now! Congrats :D
    Aww thanks :flowerforyou:
  • CoderGal
    Options
    You look fantastic!! Great work :) I can't imagine the lifestyle change and how it must have bugged you to go from dancing all the time to sedentary. But everything happens for a reason eh?!

On another note, we have LOTS of awesome trails here that you can hike... the only problem is choosing which one to do first!! lol.
    Thanks buddy! And it was mostly devastating, but at least I got into motorcycles at the same time (new joy).

Went on a hike today (27+1 pounds gone):

13599033_8810.jpg

Apparently there were some divers I missed by a few days that were climbing the ice bergs and jumping off of them near by: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vHbdakzPPU
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!