Crispy, crunchy and cinnamon

Options
iRun4wine
iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
Looking for something good to mix in with my yogurt. I eat the small yogurt containers, so I would probably only use about a tablespoon or so of it- I'm looking for something (probably a cereal or granola) that is nice and crispy and in small pieces just to add a little crunch to my yogurt- and I love, love, love cinnamon :love: so something cinnamon would be awesome! Any suggestions? I'd like something relatively low in calorie, but since I'm using such a small amount of it, that's not *too* important.

Replies

• guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Try taking around 3 squares of cinnimon life cereal and crumbling them over your yogurt (3/4 of a cup of the cereal has 120 cals so 3 squares would have very little in them) maybe about 10 calories. :flowerforyou:
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    what about a yummmy granola trail mix with some berries?! *drools*
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    If you need more protein at the the same time a little TVP works very well in yogurt.
  • iRun4wine
    Options
    If you need more protein at the the same time a little TVP works very well in yogurt.

I'm a natural blonde... what's TVP? :huh:
  • Linda1959
    Options
    What is TVP please?
  • Linda1959
    Options
    What is TVP please?
  • Valtishia
    Options
    Textured Vegetable Protein

Its mostly used for vegetarians as a meat subtitute and meant to be rehydrated if you use it that way.
    You can get it in a few different sizes.. go for the smallest one (about the size of granola) if you want to use it in yogurt and make sure you aren't getting a flavoured one cause they are high in sodium.
    They come in flavours like chicken and beef I guess to make it taste more like meat?? I haven't tried the flavoured ones, I just know they exist.
  • iRun4wine
    Options
    :noway: Not sure if I want something meat flavored in my yogurt :noway: Am I understanding this correctly?

Thanks everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • Valtishia
    Options
    :noway: Not sure if I want something meat flavored in my yogurt :noway: Am I understanding this correctly?

Thanks everyone! :flowerforyou:

Its not meat flavoured if you get the unflavoured...lol
    However since it is generally used as a meat substitute they do have them available in meat flavours.
    And no.. I wouldn't suggest the meat flavoured ones for your yogurt either...lol
  • talrcat
    talrcat Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    try grapenuts, they are very good in yogurt. I like to take the banana cream pie yogurt, add grapenuts and sliced banana... YUMMY!!!!!!
  • talrcat
    talrcat Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    try grapenuts, they are very good in yogurt. I like to take the banana cream pie yogurt, add grapenuts and sliced banana... YUMMY!!!!!!
  • kermiehiho
    kermiehiho Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    If you're going for crispy, crunchy, and cinnamon, I'd say the cinnamon honey bunches of oats seems to fit that description perfectly. I've even sliced up apples, drizzled them with honey, and rolled them in this cereal. Sooo good...:love:
  • kermiehiho
    kermiehiho Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    P.S.~If you're super diligent about watching the calories, there's a cinnamon special K as well.
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    I like grapenuts OR Bear Naked Fit granola....Love that stuff!!!:flowerforyou: