College group?

Options
Hi I'm in my Senior year at the University of Southern Mississippi. I am still far from my goal and slowly inching towards it. I was wondering if there were any college students on here that would like to start a weight loss group?

Replies

• elysetoplin
    Options
    Yes! I just started my sophomore year at Tulane and I'm in the same boat as you as far as reaching my goal--and pretty nervous about reaching it considering the constant food around here. Let's do this!
  • loren
    loren Posts: 111
    Options
    Great!!! You're not too far from me either!!! What should are group be called? I don't really know how to do this either, but I can give it a shot!
  • pasclaur
    Options
    I'd really like to join! I'm starting my last semester tomorrow at Idaho State University. It would be great if I reached my goal by the end of this semester.
  • ecoker06
    ecoker06 Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm In! I start my sr. year at San Jose State University in California Today! I did really good this summer but with the end of summer camping trips and last min. friend visits i've been lagging.
  • kroger7
    kroger7 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Can I join too? I'm entering my junior (? I think? third year, we don't use those terms up here lol) year at the University of Western Ontario. I don't have too much left to lose, but I could definitely use the support of a group for maintaining a healthy weight once I'm back to the temptations of school haha :flowerforyou:
  • loren
    Options
    great!! The more the merrier!!! When do we want to do our weigh in days? I weigh myself everyday (I know that's bad but I can't help it) so it doesn't matter to me.
  • loren
    Options
    Oh and any group name ideas?
  • kroger7
    kroger7 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    hmm maybe monday mornings? I don't know about anyone else, but that would give me the extra push to not be naughty on the weekends lol as for names, i'm not sure! any ideas?
  • pasclaur
    Options
    Oh good idea about monday mornings! That would definitely keep me motivated over the weekend.
  • loren
    Options
    Yeah I'm usually bad every weekend so now I guess I'll have to try to be good!
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    I'd like to join too. I'm in second year at college, I guess to the americans thats community college. I'm good with weighing in mondays, I weigh everyday too:ohwell:

For the name maybe something about good grades and good eating or cramming our brains not cramming our faces. I don't know.:laugh:
  • pasclaur
    Options
    Those names are really cute :smile: I've never really been apart of a group before, so I don't even know how we get started but let me know what I can do and I'll get it going!
  • karissastephens
    karissastephens Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Im definitely in. Im going to be a sophemore at EWU :)
  • karissastephens
    karissastephens Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    BTW this is a good idea because we all know how college is.....food, beer, and class.... so i really need to start getting into better shape with the help of people like me! haha :tongue:
  • loren
    Options
    So it's decided I guess. Our group name will be "Cramming Our Brains NOT Our Faces!" It's only Tues. so I guess we can go ahead and record our starting weight today.
  • loren
    Options
    Oh and I'm going to try to start a new thread every week that will say something like Cramming Our Brains NOT Our Faces Week 2, " " Week 3, etc.
  • loren
    Options
    My name is Loren. I am a senior this year majoring in Accounting. I was recently married, Feb 7, and I've been struggling with weight loss like FOREVER! Football season is going to be hard because there's always lots of drinking and cooking out, but I'm going to try to continue my weight loss despite these bad days.

Starting weight: 144
    Goal Weight: 135? 130? (I'm not sure!)
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    Starting weight: 233
    Goal weight:120

I'm doing general arts and science right now but, eventually I'll be going into psych.
  • plums
    plums Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Oh, can I join?!
    I'm back into my final year on the 7th of Sept.
    Only starting my weight loss! I do my weight in kgs, but i think i'm about 150 pounds.
  • wks7777
    wks7777 Posts: 230
    Options
    I want to join! Im finishing up my associates at CFCC and then transfering to UNCW for Nursing. Im 25 and have two kids so i took a few years off, so i REALLY need to lose weight! My starting weight is 150, and i want to get back down to 110. Love the name BTW!