pear shape 12 lbs down, 1/2 way there

Options
not a whole lot of progress looking at the pictures, but i just wanted to share- maybe you are less critical than me :)

2 months ago i began heavy weight training which i haven't done "hardcore" since college. I struggle with binge eating disorder, but have been doing MOSTLY really really well! i just upped my calories to 1600 (from 1420) and eat back my exercise calories. I find keeping my calories higher helps me not binge, and i will probably up my calories to 1800 pre exercise in the next few months

I think my waist looks better, but i still have a shelf butt! any fellow pear's have any luck taming down their booty?? It is hard to see my loss in the pictures because my shape stays the same, but I am down 12 inches too :)

any tips from fellow pears that have gotten rid of the "shelf butt" in the 3rd picture??

on that note... i'm headed to vegas to drink away some of the good that I have done and not log for the weekend, cheers to hangovers that prevent me from eating :)
Photoon2012-04-13at07312-1.jpg

Replies

• ELee0517
    ELee0517 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You can totally see a big difference! Awesome!!
  • liftandcycle
    Options
    you look amazing!
  • marketdimlylit
    marketdimlylit Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    You look great. i'm pear shaped, and you've motivated me a lot.

My shelf bum only calmed down a little when I was around 136lbs.
    Sucks for us!
    x
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    I can see a difference. Thanks for sharing, I am a pear too and am down 10 pounds, I can see the difference on the measuring tape but seeing pictures helps encourage
  • TinaCleg_cancel
    Options
    You look great ! I am a pear too and I would love the shelf butt :) I have a flat wider rear and that seems worse. Great Job !
  • angie_sample
    Options
    u look great!! You have a great butt!! Wish my butt would look like that, i have a really flat butt it sucks!
  • mrswinstead
    Options
    I am pear shape and have gotten use to my shelf butt. Embrace it...for some wish they had the same.
  • mrswinstead
    Options
    Btw, I apologize, you look fabulous!!! Enjoy Vegas
  • booyainyoface
    booyainyoface Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone for the words of encouragement!
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    omg it's so cool to see someone who is the same body type as me!!! (Well, except I also have some love handles/belly happening at the moment) I don't have advice for you, but your post made me happy to see, it made me hopeful. You look fantastic!
  • snrose
    snrose Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    you should look into doing brazil butt lift from beachbody for the bum issue :)
  • clairerose11
    clairerose11 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Your bottom is most definitely smaller :D
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Well done you look great :-)
  • iamfranniefierce
    iamfranniefierce Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Pear shapes rule, LOL! Looking good, Girl...keep up the gr8 work!
  • AyanaSan
    AyanaSan Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You look awesome, and where I come from a shelf booty is coveted. :love:

Your booty is definitely smaller and i think it looks great. This booty workout from fitness mag is pretty good, I left a lot of heavy weights too but this is so glute specific that i really felt it the next day.

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/butt/exercises/exercises-to-target-butt-muscles/
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    You look great! I'm pear shaped too and I'm not a fan haha! :grumble:

Lemme just link this picture:
    http://nikewomen.nike.com/nikewomen/us/v2/media/swf/wkcampaign/butt_800x600.jpg

"and those who might scorn it are invited to kiss it!" ;D
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! My secret for the booty is Brazil Butt Lift, It tightens the butt, hips, inner and outer thighs. I started the program 3 weeks ago and have seen a huge difference!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! There is a huge difference! I'm not pear shaped, but I do have a big butt. Dumbbell squats are awesome for the butt! I just did squats yesterday and I feel the burn in my legs and butt!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!