Strength Training

Options
Does anyone know how to track calories burned while lifting weights or other strength training? I've only been tracking cardio exercise because I haven't figured it out.

Replies

• Flippiefloppies
    Options
    There is a spot in cardio for strength training. That is what I use. Just look throught the database and you will find it. You just put in how long you did weights for and it puts in an average of calories burned.
  • danellekay
    Options
    I got a heart rate monitor and love it...it tells you how many calories burned...you wear it during your exercise session.
  • dsuppa1997
    Options
    Only real way is with a heart rate monitor unfortunately, the MFP numbers seem awfully high for most things. So if you dont have a HRM maybe do what I do and add it as cardio option of weight lifing and minues 15-20% just to be safe. I do plan on getting a HRM very soon though.
  • Ondreacrandall
    Ondreacrandall Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've heard of the heart rate monitor but I haven't looked for one yet. Can you pretty much get them anywhere?
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    The heart rate monitor may not be very accurate for strength training, though.
  • dsuppa1997
    Options
    The heart rate monitor may not be very accurate for strength training, though.

It would be just as accurate for strength training as any other activity. It tracks your heart rate therefore it can calculate the calories you burned.
  • dsuppa1997
    Options
    I've heard of the heart rate monitor but I haven't looked for one yet. Can you pretty much get them anywhere?

Yeah I've seen them at every big box store, also amazon seems to have good prices for them.