Some people have no regards...

Options
OnMyWeigh464
OnMyWeigh464 Posts: 447 Member
At my YMCA there are three change rooms: ladies, men's, and family. Almost every single time I go there are ladies with their "old enough to know better" sons in the change room and it's so aggravating. I HATE being in my birthday suit when a boy who looks 8 or 9 is there gawking at me. Last night some mom had her son behind a towel so he could change without US ladies seeing his little Peter hanging out so maybe next time bring him into the damn FAMILY change room. It's just so annoying.

I had a bad day at work and this just pissed me off when I went to the pool. Does it annoy anyone else? I surely can't be only one.

Thanks for letting me vent. Time to go to zumba.

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    That would annoy me too! That doesn't happen too much at my gym. You would think though there would be a posted age limit saying "no opposite sex children above the age of ____ allowed in this locker room."
  • OnMyWeigh464
    OnMyWeigh464 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    That would annoy me too! That doesn't happen too much at my gym. You would think though there would be a posted age limit saying "no opposite sex children above the age of ____ allowed in this locker room."

I've spoken to someone about this and they said something to this effect but there's no signs. I might actually call and speak to a manager and have them post a sign.
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Its sooooooooo annoying. My gym had to put up a sign that children over the age of X (can't remember) must use the mens or womens locker room.
  • zinok
    zinok Posts: 185
    Options
    I've never experienced that, but that would be incredibly awkward. There's no reason for them not to use the family change rooms.
  • GracieB5
    GracieB5 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I don't see how that can happen at a YMCA, they are run so strictly. We went to the Y where we used to live. Where we live now there we use the park district and they have just the men"s or women's locker rooms. I my son were younger I don't know that I would feel right bringing him in with me, however when I've gone swimming on my own I've notice some of the neighborhood moms or teen girls apparently with little brothers have no hesitation bringing boys up to I am guessing age 8 with them. But if they come through while I'm showering I don't cringe or make a mad dash for my towel. I am there to relax. So if they want to stare, and yup they do, I find I really don't care.