savoury snack ideas...

Options
SouthernSkylark
SouthernSkylark Posts: 128 Member
I just thought I'd pass this snack on as I struggle like mad sometimes...

Oat cake topped with very ripe avocado (spread it on like butter) a small spoon of Humous and sprouted lentils, drizzle with chilli sauce :-) very yummy...

Any one have any other snack ideas?

Replies

• gno12
    gno12 Posts: 5
    Options
    I like to snack on almonds or any kinds of nuts. they have good protein. also love granola bars.
    :smile:
  • AGREENLEE1960
    AGREENLEE1960 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    ...and the avocado is fantastic for the hair and skin..so gobble em up! We are more than our ticker..we are strong beautiful people..inside and out..eat your veggies and drink your water and walk in the sun..gotta love life!
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I like 50 or 100 calorie bags of pretzels with laughing cow cheese
  • londongirl2012
    londongirl2012 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I just thought I'd pass this snack on as I struggle like mad sometimes...

Oat cake topped with very ripe avocado (spread it on like butter) a small spoon of Humous and sprouted lentils, drizzle with chilli sauce :-) very yummy...

Any one have any other snack ideas?

that sounds delicious, and its vegan too yay :) btw any tips on sprouting lentils? never done it but would like to, i think it increases nutrient/protein content? right?
  • londongirl2012
    londongirl2012 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    ...and the avocado is fantastic for the hair and skin..so gobble em up! We are more than our ticker..we are strong beautiful people..inside and out..eat your veggies and drink your water and walk in the sun..gotta love life!

definitely :)
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Sliced cucumbers with some plain yogurt and dill. 1 cup sliced cukes + 4 oz plain regular yogurt + 1/2 tbsp dill = 100 calories. It's easiest to mix the yogurt and dill in a separate container and dip the cuke slices into it if you're just making it as a snack. However, the combo of cucumber, yogurt, and dill is awesome and would make a good side dish for a summer BBQ, so if you decide to scale up the recipe, mix the cuke slices in with the yogurt mixture. I don't know how long the prepared mixture keeps in the fridge, but it's easy and quick to make on the fly.