Anybody on the Ten Years Thinner Plan?

Options
Hi all. I just love this site as it helps me visually see what I'm putting in my body. Is there anyone who has used or is using Dr. Christine Lydon's plan, called Ten Years Thinner? I just started it last Wednesday and would love to meet others who have or are trying it.

Lola

Replies

• mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    I haven't heard of it??
  • loladane
    Options
    It was published in 2008 and the premise is lots of fruits and nuts for snacks and lean meats and lots of veggies for three meals (total of five meals). It sounds like a low carb diet, but it's not totally. I have never eaten so many fruits and veggies in my life!! Of course there's the 2 week restrictive phase, mostly eggs, leafy greens and lean meats, plus the fruits and veggies and lots of water. The best part is that she recommends only a 20-minute workout, 12-move workout (it's in the book); no cardio is recommended and I'm grateful for that. I was doing over an hour 5 days a week. I Thought I would breeze through it since I'd done the P90X program before, but it's actually pretty good. Here's the address, but the forum is dormant, thus I'm looking here at myfitnesspal for support-http://www.tenyearsthinner.com/.

Lola
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    But why not do exercise anyway as it has way more benefits besides weight loss?
  • loladane
    Options
    Zara11,

Oh, I'm all for exercise, but if I can achieve the same result in less time, I'm all for it. It usually takes more than 20 minutes (I'm at about 30). I've read that other "experts" recommend shorter, more intense and effective workouts, i.e. Jillian Michaels, with her 30 min. Shred workouts. Work smarter (and less), not harder is my mantra.
  • loladane
    Options
    Also wanted to clarify that on the exercise program, your heart rates increases as it would doing cardio, which is a goal in fitness and weight loss. I also recently read a book, the Instinct Diet where the author, said this in an article The Exercise Myth:

The evidence isn’t just anecdotal. My lab at Tufts University summarized 36 years of published studies on exercise and weight, conducted between 1969 and 2005. What we found would frustrate anyone spending upward of $800 a year on a gym membership to lose weight. The averaged results of the studies showed that an hour of exercise per day results in an average fat loss of just six pounds over the course of several months—hardly the benefit one would expect from all that work...

The important thing to know is that you have a choice. Exercise is great medicine for general health and a great add-on to dieting, so feel free to kill yourself in the gym if it makes you feel good. But it isn't essential, and by itself doesn't do much. All the evidence suggests that exercise is less important than what goes in your mouth, and when.

Credit: http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2009-05-06/the-exercise-myth/?cid=tag:all

Have a great night all!!