Replies

• leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    bump
  • serenetranquility
    serenetranquility Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    thanks so much! What does your lifting routine consist of? Are you using just dumbbells or the whole shebang?

You should really be proud!
    You are my goal :) How long did you plug away to get to where you are now?

It took me about 6 months. I started in June, really working out, but the weight wouldn't budge and I didn't feel good. I found out in October that I am gluten intolerant and once I eliminated gluten and sugar, the weight just fell off. I think I had the muscle underneath the fat, but you couldn't see it despite working out hard and eating right, but the whole grains were keeping the weight on.

I lift every day for about 20-30 minutes then follow that with 30 minutes of cardio. I also have a pretty labor intensive job. I work as a dishwasher for a very large school. I lift and walk constantly for 3+ hours, but I don't know that I get any real benefit from that, but have more muscle and less fat has certainly helped me stay injury free and I'm not exhausted now when I'm done!

Good luck! You can do it!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    excellent arms AND abs ;)

Nice work!
  • lordsangel
    lordsangel Posts: 167
    Options
    You look great!!! KEep up whatever you're doing cuz its workin for you!!!
  • tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You look awesome!! Congratulations!
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    GEEZ LOUISE, look at that! You've done AWESOME. I hope I have biceps like that one day! :happy:
  • LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation!! WTG!!!
  • lbtewksbury
    lbtewksbury Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I have ab envy:laugh:
  • acfkaren
    acfkaren Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You look truly amazing! Very very well done!
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!
  • MollyDukes
    MollyDukes Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Good Job :) you look awesome
  • niecyc23
    niecyc23 Posts: 402
    Options
    Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • fitrene
    fitrene Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    thanks so much! What does your lifting routine consist of? Are you using just dumbbells or the whole shebang?

You should really be proud!

Here is my routine:

I use free weights and machines, 3 sets x 8 reps, usually 2 different exercises for each major muscle group
    20-30 minutes with weights and then 20-30 minutes of cardio.

Monday - Core, lower back followed by 30 min. run on the treadmill
    Tuesday - Legs (lunges, squats, leg ext., leg curl, TRX lunges) 20-30 min. high incline treadmill, intervals between 3.5% grade up to 24% grade
    Wed. - Shoulders, Triceps, Biceps (2 exercises for each muscle group) 30 min. run
    Thur - repeat Tuesday except do a bike or elliptical for cardio
    Friday - Chest & Back (2 exercises for each muscle) 30 min run

I only have 1 hour to workout every weekday before I have to get ready for work so this is what works for me.

Hope this helps! I love this workout. I change it up about every 6 weeks. I keep the same muscle groups, just different exercises.
    Sat & Sun - hike with the family or rest.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    you look very beautiful before and after, and very sweet for sharing your routine!!
    You have earned your results luv enjoy your new sexy body!
  • MizCJ84
    MizCJ84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I am amazed by the difference in these pictures. You looked good before, but now everything looks tight and lifted. I LOVE weight training also, and the results are undeniable. Thanks for posting this...very motivational!
  • MeliNichole84
    MeliNichole84 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    you look awesome. can really tell the diference all over. muscle definition. love it.
  • eriemer
    eriemer Posts: 197
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing! You look great. It's so true about the scale. It's not only about weight, it's about body mass. It's also nice to hear the truth, even when you lose weight and gain muscle most normal people are going to have cellulite and other body blemishes like stretchmarks. We weren't all born supermodels who just happened to put on a few pounds. So even when we tone up it's good to be aware that we might have some jiggle or loose skin and that's okay. I've come to except this journey as not only losing weight. The scale is not the only measure of success and I'm so glad you've proved it. Congrats!
  • That is awesome! You look amazing!!! Congrats
  • punkrockprincess23
    punkrockprincess23 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    you can sooo see the differnece,you look awesome!
  • fitrene
    fitrene Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks again everyone! I not only feel good on the outside, but definitely on the inside! I've gained and lost weight before, but this time it's different. Not sure what makes it different, but it is!

To whomever called my fun pose bada$$..... I heart you! I love that!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!