Negative Test

Options
Boardergurl
Boardergurl Posts: 206 Member
Hey guys just a questions for all your prego ladies out there! Have any of you ever experienced a negative test result even though you were in fact prego?

Thanks!

Replies

• CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I've never had it happen to me, but it is VERY possible for a number of different reasons.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    is the test expired?
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I haven't, but it's definitely possible!
  • onyx1972
    onyx1972 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    YES! It may be too early.... or you may have a faulty or an old test.. wait a week or two and do it again or it could be a negative. or go to the Dr for a blood test. Either way, better be safe than sorry
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    False negatives are much more common than false positives, especially if you're testing a bit early. My advice is test once per week until you get a positive or a period.
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    not me
    i used dollar store test and got ++ very early
    BUT I do know some woman that tested neg and a few days later tested ++

good luck
    Kim
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    when i thought i was preggers, i tested too early. I tested 2 days later and it was positive! :)
  • msdoan
    msdoan Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    With my first pregnancy I was a month late before I got a positive test. With my second pregnancy I got a positive a full week before I should have started! it is possible, just depends on what your body is up to!
  • RacheyBaby1985
    RacheyBaby1985 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yes definitely. Last April before I went to my cousins wedding I took a test an it came back negative. So I had a few drinks that night. 2 days later I took another test as I was late an that one was positive
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    My last pregnancy test didn't turn positive until I was 3 months. Unfortunately, I lost her at month 5, and I suspect lack of medical care is partly to blame. And my stress about doing all the military pt and stuff when I'd lost 3 of the 4 previous pregnancies. Even though I'd been pregnant 4 other times and was *sure* I was pregnant they wouldn't give me an ultrasound until the stick test came back positive. And then they were shocked I was so far along since I'd been getting pee tested at the clinic once a week for 2 months.

Edit to add: And my mom had the same problem. She once told me she was pregnant with my sister for 5 months and still getting a negative result.