Runners: GPS watch?

Options
If you run, do you use a GPS watch? What kind?

Replies

• CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Garmin 205. Nothing fancy. Does everything I need it to.
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I use the Garmin 305. Love it!!
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I have an old Garmin Forerunner 201. It's discontinued now, but it still works great. I would suggest any Garmin product. Don't pay for a lot of bells and whistles you won't use. There are a lot of features that sound neat but in reality don't get used. I would stick to the low end.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Garmin 910xt.

Love it, get to use it for my swimming/biking as well.
  • DGK12
    DGK12 Posts: 117
    Options
    Garmin 205 = awesome sauce!! :-)
  • jon40084
    jon40084 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Garmin Forerunner 405CX - love it - use if for cycling these days but started out with running
  • k80mac
    k80mac Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin 210 forerunner and I love it. GPS, Calories, laps, zone programming. The only thing I wish is that it had more detailed data about how long at a certain pace or within a certain zone. Right now I get high/low HR and average pace. I like detail.
  • Vicky_Is_In_Glee
    Options
    I use GPS meter on CardioTrainer ;)
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Erm... slightly of topic, but, if you have a smartphone, you can download an app called runkeeper than tracks your progress using GPS and has a website to go along with it. Tracks things like, speed, distance, incline etc. Has charts, graphs and maps on the site. Plus, you can use your phone for music.

Anyway, sorry for hijacking.

When it comes to watches, I hear Garmin is one of the best.
  • castlerobber
    castlerobber Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Garmin Forerunner 205.
  • bobbi_jo2
    bobbi_jo2 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I also use my smartphone, but use app called Endomondo. It keeps track of distance, speed, etc.
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I'm in a Run Club and most of the runners are split between a Garmin and an app like RunKeeper or iMapMyRun.

I have iMapMyRun on my iPhone and have used it for a full marathon and some smaller races. I don't run without it normally.
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin 210 forerunner and I love it.

I agree.... just got mine a month ago and don't know how I lived without it :wink:
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Garmin Forerunner 305. Wish I had something waterproof though.
  • kimi233
    kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Erm... slightly of topic, but, if you have a smartphone, you can download an app called runkeeper than tracks your progress using GPS and has a website to go along with it. Tracks things like, speed, distance, incline etc. Has charts, graphs and maps on the site. Plus, you can use your phone for music.

Anyway, sorry for hijacking.

When it comes to watches, I hear Garmin is one of the best.

This is what I do to, so I can listen to my music and keep track of my run. And I wear my body bugg to keep track of calories burned.
  • jeffrey2584
    jeffrey2584 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Garmin 305
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    Garmin 310XT
  • jaxCarrie
    jaxCarrie Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I have the Garmin Foreunner 110 (Ladies)....LOVE IT. Very very easy to use. My husband has the Forerunner 305 - it's ancient but he swears by it. one thing I will say about Garmin's though...their HRM straps aren't as comfortable as Polar's....just my opinion.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    If you run, do you use a GPS watch? What kind?

I usually preplan my route using GMap Pedometer site, you can manually set it or set it to give a route for cyclists or runners.

That is interesting regarding the iphone info from some posters above though, I may look into that.