Wii Fit VS Scales?

Options
So I've been using my bathrom scales, a manual one, for the past 3 months, then decided to use the Wii Fit scale for a 2nd opinion and it added 1kg/2lbs onto my weight?!

Has this happened to anyone else :\

Replies

• ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥
    ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥ Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    No, mine is the opposite!! i'm 2lbs lighter on the wii scale so i go with that weight :laugh: :wink:
  • Kandygirl
    Kandygirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    the wii fit is the only scale i use. so i couldn't tell you if there is a difference.
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    all scales are different ..

another thing, was what you were wearing or not wearing different from each scale ?

chose 1 and keep to that .. in the end a pound loss is a pound loss :)
  • b1791
    b1791 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Yes. My manual scale said I was 160, the Wii Fit game said I was 150 and the Wii Active game said I was 155. So...I was at my doctors the other day and asked to use their scale and it turned out I was 155 so I'm sticking with Active 2 to get my weight. It's weird how each can vary so much.
  • brittany103
    brittany103 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I don't have a wii fit, but if i move my scale to a different area in my house my weight will be a few pounds different.
  • Stephyshoes
    Stephyshoes Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    The Wii Fit gives me a slightly lower value most of the time (like a fraction of a pound), but I'm pretty sure that's because when I weigh by the scale I weigh without clothes, but I don't always like to stand naked in the middle of my living room, and it's takes weight off for clothing estimations.

Do you have the balance board on carpet or a hard surface? I've heard that deeper carpets can mess up the accuracy.
  • kravmom
    kravmom Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    The only way to know which is calibrated correctly is to put a 10 pound weight on each and see what happens.
  • threasarenee
    threasarenee Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    yup they are differnt, but then again so is the doctor scale they have at my gym, the digital scale at the gym, and the digital scale I have at home. Just weigh at around the same time each time wearing about the same thing and on the same scale and that would be the weight I would go with :)
  • Johnnyutah45
    Johnnyutah45 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    As long as you use the same scale every time it doesn't really matter if there's a difference. Just weigh at the same time of day in the same clothes and your losses will be pretty accurate.
  • elysianashes
    Options
    Carpet definitely messes up the accuracy - my Wii board reads that I weigh 165 but my scale says 185. Doctor's office agrees with 185 so I'm sticking to the scale.
  • kitkatwag
    kitkatwag Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I was having the same problem of 2# more on the manual scale. I was choosing the option of + or - 2# of clothes when using the Wii. I realized that I didn't have that same option when i used the manual scale. SSSOOO I began choosing + or - 0# on the Wii and now they match to the regular scale. Provided you are wearing the same type of clothing.
  • Ckiers
    Ckiers Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    mine showed I was about 1.5lb lighter on the wii
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    So I've been using my bathrom scales, a manual one, for the past 3 months, then decided to use the Wii Fit scale for a 2nd opinion and it added 1kg/2lbs onto my weight?!

Has this happened to anyone else :\

I weigh about one pound more when weighing on the Wii balance board using the Wii Fit game than I weigh using the Wii balance board and the Gold's Gym Dance Workout game. I record the Dance Workout game's results because it's less. :laugh:
  • murphykieran
    murphykieran Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The Wii Fit gives me a slightly lower value most of the time (like a fraction of a pound), but I'm pretty sure that's because when I weigh by the scale I weigh without clothes, but I don't always like to stand naked in the middle of my living room, and it's takes weight off for clothing estimations.

Do you have the balance board on carpet or a hard surface? I've heard that deeper carpets can mess up the accuracy.

I have the scale on a carpet ya so that maybe the problem, idk I think the next time my mom gets a bag of potatoes or something I'll compare the two
  • linnettbenson
    linnettbenson Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    The morning I went and had the BodPod BF measurement, I weighed myself on my WII Fit. It was only off by about .4 lbs. I feel very confident about what my Wii Fit reads. Don't always like it but feel confident.
  • narrington77
    narrington77 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    my wii fit had me at 4 lbs lighter.. stopped using it a while ago :(
  • staceyo1211
    Options
    Ive used my Wii Fit since I started, but my bathroom scale says im about 2 pounds heavier. The dr office reads about the same as my Wii Fit so I stick with that.