Cant seem to stay on track.Helpp.

Options
What your motivation? How do you stay on track?

Replies

• FANTA24
    FANTA24 Posts: 2
    Options
    My motivation is
    I want to be a more energetic. I love a skinny me :)
    ...and I want to wear a new designer shorts i bought last year and never wore yet!
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I am suddenly struggling to stay on track also. I've taken my eyes off the goal, and find I'm thinking more about what I want to eat than anything else. for me - it all starts above the shoulders. My thinking is wrong, and my focus has changed.
  • alodell89
    alodell89 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Every time I want to eat when I don't need to I go through the success stories on here and after I read all of the awesome success people have had I don't want it anymore!
  • JDeana14
    JDeana14 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I keep thinking about how bad I want to be a smaller, healthier me. I also think about the negatives of being overweight... especially the diseases that can come with it. Diabetes, heart problems, bad, painful joints, etc. You can do it! Food is only temporary, but happiness last so much longer. And remember that you can always eat the foods you like, just in moderation. You can do it!
  • poeco76
    poeco76 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    **I will preface the following commentary with the realization that I do not know you nor your habits, or how long you've been at this... but this is merely an observation I've made of myself and others in similar situations.** I cannot help but wonder about your statement that you've lost your motivation... To me, losing motivation implies an ultimate goal (which at some point means you will no longer be doing this) and I honestly believe that unless one views eating well and exercising as a lifelong habit, then weight gain and/or unhealthy habits will only resurface. Perhaps part of the lack of motivation comes from your viewpoint? If you are severely restricting yourself normally and then have a bad day (or week, or several weeks), it's easy to view it as failure. If you allow yourself to indulge once in awhile (as will be the case throughout ones life), perhaps it won't feel as though you're "on a diet" or that this will end at some point. If it's too much, maybe take it slowly. There's absolutely nothing wrong with going at it slow and changing one or two habits instead of trying to alter everything all at once. Some people do better with complete change, others fair better with slower changes. One isn't bad or good - they just are. I also find that if I am hungry, that's when the "bad" sneaks in. Try to find foods that fill you up that are good for you, and allow yourself a small treat every now and again so that you don't feel as though you're off track if you eat something that you think you shouldn't. In my mind, no food is off limits - it's just the quantity/frequency, and burning off the excess. If you're having trouble with exercising, I'd have the same type of thought process. Some people aren't the jump in and completely change kind of person and small changes are easier to make.

You can do this, but no one can do it for you (unfortunately - as I have wished this many times over the years). I really do think that realizing that not every day will be perfect might help you keep your mo. Best of luck to you.
  • Lasirenn
    Lasirenn Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    For me, the best motivation is really no motivation. I do have goals, I suppose, things I want to achieve. I'd like to run a 5K at the end of October, but I view that more as a reward I'd get if I'm shape by that time. Right now I'm living with a "just do it" mentality. I can't rely on motivation to get me where I need to be because most days I don't wake up with motivation to do much of anything. I wasn't motivated AT ALL to exercise yesterday, but I did it anyway and then I felt happy when I was done.

Also, try not to pressure yourself too much with time or weight limits. For the past few months, I've tried "dieting" so I could look a certain way by a certain day. Actually two months ago, I told myself I should be 15-20 pounds lighter by this very day because I was planning to go see friends. All I had to do was crash diet and exercise excessively. I lasted about 2 days into my crash diet each of the three times I attempted. Now, I am just trying to eat well, as many vegetables as I can, with little to no packaged foods and exercise three days a week. I can't say where I will be a month from now or by Halloween, but I know it will be better than right now. A little while ago, someone who writes told me that she never sits down with the intent to write a whole novel. She just writes 1.5 pages a day. That's it. And in a year, she has a whole book done. I've been approaching eating better with that same mentality.
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I have been having a tough time since getting back from vacation. But I am doing my best because I do not want to fall back into bad habits. I log into this site to keep me going when I need a boost
  • qnz234
    qnz234 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am suddenly struggling to stay on track also. I've taken my eyes off the goal, and find I'm thinking more about what I want to eat than anything else. for me - it all starts above the shoulders. My thinking is wrong, and my focus has changed.

this is me too. i try to keep my goals in my mind, but it seems to go where it pleases, and im stuck...
  • qnz234
    qnz234 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Every time I want to eat when I don't need to I go through the success stories on here and after I read all of the awesome success people have had I don't want it anymore!

great idea!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!