What is your favorite?

Options
sculley
sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
Gym machine.. Someone else mention what they enjoyed the most at the gym and I thought it would be a good thread....

SO what is your favorite?

Mine is the assisted pullup/dip machine. I love the motivation it gives me that one day I might not need a machine that holds 60lbs for me to pull the rest of myself up :)

Replies

• sculley
    Options
    Bump...ANYONE?
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    Weight machine or cardio machine?

I would say the cross trainer. I prefer the free weights than being restricted by a machine but yeah the pull down is good as I feel it hits multiple areas
  • sculley
    Options
    I would say any machine :)
  • leester
    leester Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Elliptical
  • semeyer
    semeyer Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what its called because I am totally lost at the gym, but the machine you sit and either squeeze your thighs together or push them apart. I feel like it works exactly the part of my legs I want to look better! =)
  • lordsangel
    lordsangel Posts: 167
    Options
    I also love the assisted dip machine. I just got on it yesterday for the first time but i loved it!
  • simsangleton
    Options
    I may be crazy, but I LOVE the stair mill.
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    Dumbells
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    I have no idea what its called because I am totally lost at the gym, but the machine you sit and either squeeze your thighs together or push them apart. I feel like it works exactly the part of my legs I want to look better! =)

The one that I always thank the lord when its facing the wall. Nothing worse than opening your legs to the whole of the gym...especially if you are a bit...erm sweaty in certain areas!
  • spazofthedead
    spazofthedead Posts: 175 Member
    Options

The one that I always thank the lord when its facing the wall. Nothing worse than opening your legs to the whole of the gym...especially if you are a bit...erm sweaty in certain areas!

The ones in my gym face the windows to the parking lot. Not sure which is worse.

My favorites are barbells, a pullup bar (can't do a full pullup yet but I'm getting closer) and the treadmill/bike for cardio if it's wet or cold outside.
  • sculley
    Options
    I also love the assisted dip machine. I just got on it yesterday for the first time but i loved it!

hehe i am addicted to the pullup part of it :drinker:
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Gym machine.. Someone else mention what they enjoyed the most at the gym and I thought it would be a good thread....

SO what is your favorite?

Mine is the assisted pullup/dip machine. I love the motivation it gives me that one day I might not need a machine that holds 60lbs for me to pull the rest of myself up :)

Power rack with an adjustable bench, good barbell, and plenty of weights, no machines required. :)
  • 2wiceOver
    2wiceOver Posts: 38
    Options
    My new favorite "toy" at my gym is the Precor AMT (Adaptive Motion Trainer). Kicks my "butt". I used to do 3-4 miles on a standard elliptical and barely break a sweat. I now do the same on this thing and am DRENCHED when finished.

http://www.precor.com/products/en/home/amt/amt-835-adaptive-motion-trainer

Note: I have a really bad right knee so I can't run on a treadmill. But I can "run" on this for short bursts.