2 Protein Shakes or 1?

Options
I do heavy lifting and I am currently 220lbs. Should I have 2 protein shakes or 1? Just asking since I know
how important protein is for muscle growth and development.

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    If you drink 1 protein shake, you won't gain any muscle. If you drink 2, it all turns to fat.

You're between a rock and a hard place here, bro.
  • TinaCleg_cancel
    Options
    How about protein shots? I have used IDS Whey protein shots because they have no carbs and no sugar and 42 grams of protein ? Is that a good after workout snack/idea?
  • masterofktulu
    masterofktulu Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    If you drink 1 protein shake, you won't gain any muscle. If you drink 2, it all turns to fat.

Is it safer to have a protein shake and obtain more from natural foods?
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options

For my protein shake, I like to eat a chicken. After I chew it up it's all liquidy like a protein shake only without all the high fructose corn syrup and other gunk they put in it to taste good.
  • sevenminaya
    sevenminaya Posts: 112
    Options
    It depends on how frequent you lift and how is your methabolism, I drink 2 and sometimes 3 and it doesn't all turn to fat. Drink one after you are done working out since your body is hungry for protein and one before you go to sleep because muscle grows when we sleep.

PS: I'm not in any way an expert or anything.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options

You forgot to tell him about the secret. You have to chug the first protein shake and slowly pour the second over your tongue, allowing half of it to drip into the sink.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options

You forgot to tell him about the secret. You have to chug the first protein shake and slowly pour the second over your tongue, allowing half of it to drip into the sink.

hahaha
  • medennison123
    medennison123 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    10 shakes 100 Shakes 0 Shakes. Makes no difference. Its if you are hitting your protein macros. Your ratios should be custom some where in the ranges of 45/35/20 carbs/protein/fats.

Just Protein shakes don't build muscle

IMO take your bodybuilding questions to bodybuilding(dot)com
  • medennison123
    Options

Safe? Food is food your body does not care if it comes from a plate or a shaker.
  • medennison123
    Options

strong troll.
  • masterofktulu
    masterofktulu Posts: 151 Member
    Options

Yea I got that. I just think too much protein turns to fat ya but 2 shakes including what I normally eat are generally bang on with my macros so how could it turn to fat in that case?

Safe? Food is food your body does not care if it comes from a plate or a shaker.
  • medennison123
    Options
    If you eat at your macros you would only gain fat if you goal was to gain fat. If you bulking and you eat rate on your macros you will gain some fat due to a surplus of calories. Not just because you had a protein shake.