So this 30-Day Shred You're All Talking About...

When you started, how far into your weight loss plan were you? I'm three weeks in and have lost 5 pounds. I'm planning to start the 30-Day Shred next Wednesday. Currently for exercise, I run 1 to 1.5 miles 3-4 times per week at a pace of 5.3 to 5.5 mph. Hubby and I walk a couple miles 3-4 nights per week as well, at about a 3.5 to 4.0 pace. Do you think I can handle the 30-Day Shred? I know it will be hard, and I know it will kick my booty, but I also want to know that I'm not going to wish I were dead every day for 30 days!

Oh, and I'm new here. This is my first post... So, hi. I'm Jill - turning 35 this summer, married to Joe for 13 years. Started MFP on March 21 after a friend said that this is what keeps her on track with her 100lb. weight loss. I didn't take "before" pictures or measurements, but I'm considering doing them now, before I get much further into this. At 5'5", I was 180 when I started. Hoping to get to 150 by Christmas, and then if I feel like I can still go further, I'd love to hit 130. Hubby said if I get to my "wedding weight" of 130, he'll buy me new boobs.

Thanks for any advice or insight you might share!

Replies

• faithstephenson
    faithstephenson Posts: 280 Member
    I don't do 30 Day Shred, so can't help you there, but I definately recommend getting some before pics taken soon. I didn't have any, as I didn't like being in front of the camera. Luckily a friend took one of me and a couple friends when I was in KC for 10 year college reunion. She put it on Facebook and I grabbed it from her. As huge as I look in it, I'm glad to have a picture for comparison purposes. When you have those times that the weight is stubbornly not coming off, it can be helpful to do some comparison pics so you can see how far you've really come. So glad you're on here now!
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Yes, its tough but you will do fine. The fact that you already are running shows you're in pretty good shape. Take pics and measurements. Often, you won't lose any weight but you will lose inches. I would measure regularly too. I actually lost inches in the first week but I'm starting to actually get bigger in some areas. My bicep lost 1/2" and now is back to where it was. But, it doesn't jiggle anymore. My thighs are doing this too. I don't carry lots of fat in either of these areas so it's just muscle getting bigger.
  • I -love- the 30 day shred. I've done it well over 30 days as part of my daily routine for most days.
    I can't accurately say how much it helped me loose, but it definitely has.
    When I started, I was just doing some walks, crunches, things like that, nothing too vigorous, so it was for sure a big step up for me and really difficult.
    But, I pushed through it, and can now do level 3 every day along with running and dancing.
    So considering you're already in pretty good shape, it shouldn't be too difficult for you.
    If you have any lower body injuries, I would recommend skipping level 2.
    I have knee/back issues, and just physically could not do level 2 without breaking something because the moves in that level are very complex and difficult.
    But the 30 day shred definitely works, and good luck!