Drinking Apple Cider Vinegar

Options
I have heard that drinking apple cider vinegar with your water can help boost your metabolism and cut down on fat. Has anyone tried this? If so did you see results? Would you recommend it to a friend?

Just curious :)

Replies

• Audddua
    Audddua Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Gross! I cannot imagine drinking vinegar. Probably an old wives tale that doesn't work at all (I'm no expert).

Maybe it does work because you cannot eat with that taste in your mouth :sick:
  • nicolynn33
    nicolynn33 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ha. Yea, I tried one glass and it reminded me of dying Easter Eggs (the smell of the dye...not because I drink it). If lots of people say it works, I could probably push through a glass or two a day. But if nobody has anything good to say about it, then I definately wouldnt be upset!
  • TeutonicKnight
    TeutonicKnight Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I do it daily and I have noticed my stomach getting flatter. I have also lost 20lbs too by adding this to my diet and doing nothing else different really. DO NOT USE REGULAR APPLE CIDER VINEGAR.

Use Braggs Organic Apple Cider Vinegar with the Mother. I throw in a teaspoon of cinnamon to make it taste better and cinnamon is good for you.

Be sure you dilute it with at least 16oz of water (2 cups) per one tablespoon of ACV. You do not want to get an upset stomach if you are not used to it.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I know in the old days, jockeys used to drink straight cider vinegar to lose weight rapidly before a race. I assume it was because with a stomach full of vinegar, you couldn't even bear to think of eating anything.

If there is any truth to the metabolism boost thing, you could always consume the vinegar in other ways (cucumbers in vinegar, for example).
  • Sh0ewh0re7_BlingItOn
    Sh0ewh0re7_BlingItOn Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I put honey and sweetener in mine to make it drinkable!
  • Tourney3p0
    Tourney3p0 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I do it daily and I have noticed my stomach getting flatter. I have also lost 20lbs too by adding this to my diet and doing nothing else different really.

Drinking a glass of apple cider vinegar made you burn 70 thousand extra calories? Over how long? I would imagine it took at least a week, maybe even two.
  • nicolynn33
    nicolynn33 Posts: 17 Member
    Options

If there is any truth to the metabolism boost thing, you could always consume the vinegar in other ways (cucumbers in vinegar, for example).

Ooh I love cucumbers in vinegar!
  • TheycallmeHotDonna
    TheycallmeHotDonna Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    There are also vinagar pills that you can find in the vitamin section of your pharmacy, thus you don't have the taste in your mouth. But yes vinagar is also a great way to get rid of toxin's in your body. So they say...I'm not expert..:)
    Lemon works in the same way and also adds a nice flavor to your water if you can't stand drinking just plain water.
    I love it!! The more lemon the better....
  • NickPineault
    Options
    I would suggest just adding apple cider vinegar to your salads. It helps you digest better, so I guess it has some benefits on your fat loss.

Be sure to use unfiltered apple cider vinegar though (the one with the brown stuff at the bottom of the bottle), which contains all the goodness.
  • katielauren2001
    katielauren2001 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I would like to try it however I don't know where you'd get any in Scotland, it's prob expensive though :grumble:
  • Mandanbil
    Mandanbil Posts: 40
    Options
    I am in the UK and you can get apple cider vinegar (with the mother) direct from Ostlers Cider Mill, Devon order online or ring them up, I got it for its numerous health benefits, indigestion etc and it stopped that in its tracks
  • Mandanbil
    Mandanbil Posts: 40
    Options
    replied below as you can get it quite easily in UK
  • katielauren2001
    katielauren2001 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Thankyou :)
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    It does have some health benefits, but as for aid with weight loss, that would be a negative. Being it is an acid, it can help with indigestion. It also has quite a few ingredients to help with morning after, hard exercise pain(though I will just take a glass of milk and a banana... they taste great at least). Lower blood sugar...

Can even help lower blood pressure and cholesterol, benefit cardiovascular health and inhibit cancer cell growth... though studies are weak in these areas.

Burns warts off... and many other cures

But there is no scientific proof that it helps in any way shape or form with weight loss

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/apple-cider-vinegar-for-weight-loss/AN01816

http://www.ehow.com/facts_5644673_benefits-drinking-vinegar-daily_.html
  • mummytobeslim
    mummytobeslim Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    bumping to read later ,thinking about getting some ,but a good quality one
  • farm_mamaX9
    farm_mamaX9 Posts: 67
    Options
    I drink 1 tablespoon of Braggs ACV with the mother mixed with 8 ounces of water. I drink it every other day. It helps me with joint pain and inflammation. I have lost 6 inches from my waist since beginning MFP and doing T-Tapp exercises though. Not sure if they are all related. But I do know for a fact that the ACV helps me with pain. It also works great on heartburn. If I get heartburn, I will take an extra dose and it is gone within 10 minutes or less. But generally, I don't even get heartburn anymore now that I drink it fairly regularly.