shirataki noodles

Options
nathan72
nathan72 Posts: 91 Member
i've been hearing about these and want to give them a try. i hear good and bad stories about this product. input?

Replies

• idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I like them. Word of warning though. When you open the bag they smell fishy. But once you rinse the noodles thoroughly they're fine. On their own they have no taste. I like to stir fry them with some soy sauce and garlic. Never had them under tomato sauce though.
  • flpooh19701
    Options
    I use them sometimes as replacement for spaghetti noodles.. but definitely rinse well before cooking them. It doesn't leave you with that totally BLAH feeling after you've eaten a plate of "spaghetti"
  • pfrino
    pfrino Posts: 1
    Options
    nothing like the real thing, but you can't beat the nutritional list. plus, very filling as a snack or side.

try rinsing with some lemon juice in the water as this takes away most of the brine taste.

i use the fettuccini noodles. preferably in a marinara sauce due to the brine taste of the noodle. made them also as a mac n' cheese.
  • joseph9
    joseph9 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I rinse the heck out of them, chop them on a cutting board into about 2" length, then use them in stir fries with some egg beaters, veggies, and a ton of spices.

They're rubbery and flavorless and definitely not a substitute for actual pasta, but good for bulking up some dishes.
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I can't get past the smell. It turns my stomach. :sick:
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    They work well as fettuchini. There is a recipe for healty "alfredo" sauce too from Hungry Girl. Tastes pretty good.