p90x or insanity?

Options
which one do you prefer? or are they equal?

Replies

• cmowat13
    cmowat13 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jessalynne16
    jessalynne16 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm starting insanity tomorrow and really excited! From the research that I've done p90x is more muscle training and insanity is more cardio, but don't quote me on it. I'll let you know in 60 days how I'm doing lol
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    my personal preference reference is p90x
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I actually like both, and I like to combine them interchangeably, since neither has everything I want.

For instance, the P90X cardio and kenpo programs are boring to me. Completely, utterly boring, and I can't follow the program if I have to do them. So what I've done is kept workouts from P90X that I like (like the Back/Legs, Shoulders/Arms, Plyo, and Back/Chest/Arms), and then mixed them in with my running and Insanity workouts. I've found the Insanity to be much more challenging in terms of keeping me feeling like I'm really working, because they have excellent plyometric and cardio workouts, but the P90X ones like that give me the resistance training that I want without having to march down to the gym when I can't leave the house.
  • rider72
    rider72 Posts: 119
    Options
    Both are great programs...if you do a hybrid...better. P90X is great for strength training, but as mentioned, the cardio is boring (Kempo is just lame in my opinion). You will get a better cardio burn with insanity for sure, but the sessions in P90X are good if you are not in the best cardio shape (Insanity can be a shock for those that havent done cardio in a while).

Melt fat, gain strenth in your core - Insanity

Strenth train, burn some fat - P90X

Melt Fat, Gain strength, strong core - Hybrid program

**DIet is key for any program...just adding as a general disclaimer**
  • Meg177
    Meg177 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Supposedly:

P90X builds muscle. Insanity cuts.
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I am doing Insanity and I am very happy so far. I am building muscle. I can see it in my arms and legs. I would love to try P90x as well. I can totally see doing a hybrid.