Eating ALL day, but don't hit Calorie Goal

Options
Okay, so I know you have to eat enough calories to even lose weight, but I eat all day and NEVER even come close to 1200 calories a day. I am healthy and lsing weight well and at a good pace, but is this ultimately going to ruin me! I eat lots of spinach, tuna, chicken, some fruits and various veggies along with moderate exercise. I hardly stray from my 'lifestyle change' and don't drink empty calories. I have read that unless you eat your, is it, BMR? then you are basically starving yourself.... I dont' feel hungry...

HELP! I know every body is different, but I want to do this the right way.

Replies

• joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat super clean all the time to lose weight nor to be healthy. You can have some ice cream if you want. Just track it. Eat more calorie dense foods to make your calorie intake goal.
  • Motivated__
    Options
    I focues more on cutting out BAD carbs, not necissarily ALL carbs. And when you do that you eliminate a lot of sugary things that are high in calories. So naturally I don't eat a lot of calories. I looove healthy foods.. I don't even crave ice cream.. fast food etc any more.. I just wanted to get everyone's opinion on if it is okay too not eat 1200 calories every day.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    a little olive oil or peanut butter here and there throughout the day adds up fast. or a bacon cheddar burger.
  • Motivated__
    Options
    a little olive oil or peanut butter here and there throughout the day adds up fast. or a bacon cheddar burger.

Bacon chedder cheese burger LOL LOL :laugh:
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    What about nuts and seeds?
  • formersec
    formersec Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    How much dairy are you consuming? How about healthy fats? You need both and they have calories. Also, unless you have allergies, a small amount of nuts and seeds add calories plus provide good nutrition.
  • flea
    flea Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Add some calorie dense foods like nuts, avocados and oils - your body needs good fats too. What I done when I knew I had to increase my calories was look at my nutritional breakdown. Was I meeting those targets (I also found that MFP is set quite low so once I was consistently meeting the nutritional stuff then I upped it to the reccommended daily intake guideline for NZ since that's where I live.

(ETA: Too slow to type and press enter - what they said ^^^^)
  • Morgansmall
    Options
    I need tips on what foods to eat in order to properly lose the weight that I desire.
  • Lane1012
    Lane1012 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup Planters Honey Roasted peanuts = 320 calories
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Google calorie dense foods... Good ones are:

Olive oil.
    Humous.
    Avacado.
    Nuts.
    Seeds.

All healthy, but add up pretty quickly if your trying to increase calories. No its not ok to eat less than 1200. Infact 1200 is very low! X
  • crudd123
    crudd123 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Instead of eating low calorie stuff eat full fat yogurt, regular milk not skim and regular cheese! Also eat nuts and peanut butter! That should add some calories in your day! Good luck to you!
  • MsTaurus30
    Options
    Great question i'm having this same problem
  • Morgansmall
    Options
    What about fast foods? I still try to eat what I like,but just work off all the calories that I consume,but I'm not sure if that will help with the weight lost
  • FollowMeFit
    FollowMeFit Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Try to get in some whole grains and shoot for 25 grams of fiber everyday to insure your getting enough of the good carbs for your body and brain function. I eat protein at every meal or snack and shoot for anywhere from half to 3/4ish my desired body weight in protein grams (65g - 120g). That ensures you keep hard earned muscle and shed fat. Do throw in some healthy fats such as nuts, nut butters, hummus, olive oil or avocados (in limited, healthy portion sizes of course) and you should have no trouble hitting the mark and then some. I do believe you have to eat at least 1200 for optimal results without major muscle loss. I've seen it go bad the other way many times. Eating under 1200 may work for a while, but it will stall and make it harder in the long run. I personally never recommend that anyone eat under 1400 calories a day even on no exercise days. (1600ish on exercise days - for women - men should be higher) Good luck and may you meet all your goals!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/FollowMeFit
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I focues more on cutting out BAD carbs, not necissarily ALL carbs. And when you do that you eliminate a lot of sugary things that are high in calories. So naturally I don't eat a lot of calories. I looove healthy foods.. I don't even crave ice cream.. fast food etc any more.. I just wanted to get everyone's opinion on if it is okay too not eat 1200 calories every day.

What exactly are BAD carbs? Are these carbs that get in trouble and have to go to timeout?
  • Motivated__
    Options

What exactly are BAD carbs? Are these carbs that get in trouble and have to go to timeout?

Really? is that a serious question?? Bad Carbs: Fast Food, Soda, White Flour, Sugars, Candy/Baked Goods, any pasta not made with Whole Wheat, Chocolate, Anything that could be healthy that is made unhealthy. For example, Potatoes are not the best but when loaded with Sour cream and bacon that is a HORRIBLE carb. Veggies have carbs too but those are good carbs!! Is that difficult to understand?
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Unless you are pre diabetic our have issues with insulin response why are you worried about eating simple carbs? Do you eat fruit?