Confusion on calorie goal

Options
I have been reading a lot of the posts about 1200 calories being too low. MFP has set me at that goal, which will give me a .7 lb/wk loss.

If I eat more calories, I will gain weight. That is how I got to this weight in the 1st place. I exercise at least 3 days/week doing strength training and cardio. What do people think? Should I go for 1200 calories & not eat my exercise calories back so that I might possibly be able to lose 1 lb/wk.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options

If I eat more calories, I will gain weight. That is how I got to this weight in the 1st place.

Sounds like you've already decided. I won't try to persuade you otherwise.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    I have been reading a lot of the posts about 1200 calories being too low. MFP has set me at that goal, which will give me a .7 lb/wk loss.

If I eat more calories, I will gain weight. That is how I got to this weight in the 1st place. I exercise at least 3 days/week doing strength training and cardio. What do people think? Should I go for 1200 calories & not eat my exercise calories back so that I might possibly be able to lose 1 lb/wk.

That does not seem a very healthy idea.
  • clairerose11
    clairerose11 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I really wouldn't... Just stick to the 1200 net and eat your exercise cals... I imagine your BMR is way higher.
  • grex1949
    grex1949 Posts: 130
    Options
    Not recommended.
  • R2dragonVSG
    Options
    If you find yourself still hungry take a closer look at how your spending your calories, aim for higher protein, higher fiber and lower carbs and fat, see if that helps