Fat Knees!!! Help!

Options
I need some help - I am a big girl with that chunk of fat meat on the inside of my knees. What can I do to get rid of that? I would appreciate any suggestions.

Replies

• pinkpaperhearts
    Options
    You need to concentrate on toning your legs, doing leg extensions will work and other single joint exercises. It's true that it's not possible to reduce weight in a specific area but doing excerises that work a certain muscle group will eventually tone that area.
  • ATLMel
    ATLMel Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    The only way to get rid of that is to drop weight overall. You can't pick where you lose weight from but overall weight loss will get there at some point.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    Genetics dictate how fat comes off. You can't spot reduce any area of the body by directly exercising it. Like mentioned above, overall body fat loss will make the difference.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Sass_on_HIGH
    Options
    Thanks guys...I was hoping for a different answer :) I will continue to focus on overall weightloss. Thanks again!!
  • goyabean
    goyabean Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Overall weightloss is true but doing abductor and adductor work outs will help tighten those muscles. The problem is that you wont notice the toned muscles until the fat is gone. Weight training is the best way to lose building muscle helps you burn more calories even at rest. So weight train and circuit train for a great cardio and muscle toning work out. Stay strong be patient you will get there....everyday you get closer and everyday you get better. The only thing guaranteed by giving up is that you wont achieve your goal so hang in there you CAN do it!! : )