I just over ate...badly :(

Options
xPOOKiEx
xPOOKiEx Posts: 156 Member
I feel so horrible. I have a bad relationship with food. I had been anorexic and I got better after seeing someone for it...but it never fully went away. Now I have been over eating and Idk how to get past this....

I need someone to keep me in line? Any advise?

Replies

• Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Seems to me you might benefit most from continuing to see a counselor about your body image and eating habits.
  • xPOOKiEx
    Options
    Yeah...boo :(

Time to go for a long run to get rid of some of the guilt lol. Thank you for your response
  • EricExtreme
    EricExtreme Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    We all feel like gorging on foods from time to time. I keep a supply of sugar free jello from Walmart. It is 5 calories per cup and you can eat as much as you want and not have enough calories to feel guilty.
  • jennikawilliams28
    jennikawilliams28 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It happens sometimes. Don't let it discourage you! One bad day doesn't mean all of your goals are lost. Let it be the motivation to help you get through it. Think about how guilty you feel and how you never want to feel that way again! You can get through this, I promise :)
  • xPOOKiEx
    Options
    Thank you all so much!
  • skinnylion
    skinnylion Posts: 213
    Options
    Treating your relationship with food as something necessary for survival is a good way to look at it. Try to stop making food an emotional experience, and instead see it as "What do I need to eat? How much do I need to eat? When do I need to eat it?"

For me, I treat my diet as a daily science experiment. It's not so much eating what I want, but what I should have... like if I look at my diary and see that for dinner I only need 20g carbohydrates but 40g of protein, I know I need to eat a lean meat and should probably skip pasta and have some kind of vegetable to replace it.

Strategize and you won't fail. Also I recommend getting counseling because managing it on your own is really tough. Good luck and hope I helped.
  • reneegee23
    reneegee23 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I deal with eating disorders too, and I've been seeing someone for the past couple years. I would recommend a therapist. But just so you know, I understand exactly what you're going through. If you ever need someone to talk to, PM me, ok?
  • Sandradew007
    Options
    The topic says it all. Hard not to over eat or just hard to stay away from unhealthy foods