A New Start

Options
Hello everyone!!

My friend introduced me to this site and I'm so excited to be here! I've been on a weight loss plan all summer and am down 25 pounds so far, but with 35 left to go, I needed something new to encourage me forward. I am happy to find a place that seems to offer so much support. Anyway, I just wanted to say hello and officially post my first post. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day so far!

xoxo,
Francesca

Replies

• familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!

My friend introduced me to this site and I'm so excited to be here! I've been on a weight loss plan all summer and am down 25 pounds so far, but with 35 left to go, I needed something new to encourage me forward. I am happy to find a place that seems to offer so much support. Anyway, I just wanted to say hello and officially post my first post. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day so far!

xoxo,
    Francesca

Welcome here you will find that this is a great site, I love it and find myself here more then once in any given day.
  • phranqueigh22285
    Options
    Tamara,

You've lost 125 pounds?!? You are AMAZING!!!!!!!!! Congratulations on all of your hard work and success! That is absolutely phenomenal!!
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    welcome...i am fairly new here also and this place is so motivating!!!
    good luck in the continuation of your journey...we can do it!!!

PG:flowerforyou:
  • phranqueigh22285
    Options
    THANK YOU!!!! 6 pounds is awesome! Congrats! I'm so glad to be in such a motivating and friendly community!
  • smg1010
    smg1010 Posts: 21
    Options
    good luck on your journey!
  • phranqueigh22285
    Options
    THANK YOU!!!! I'm switching from WW to calorie counting as well. Did you find it to be a difficult transition? I feel like I may be overwhelmed from the numbers! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU!!!! I'm switching from WW to calorie counting as well. Did you find it to be a difficult transition? I feel like I may be overwhelmed from the numbers! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome to an awesome site ...... it seems overwhelming at 1st but once you do it for a few days it comes easier ...Good luck on your weight loss journey and know that you CAN do this
  • donamurphy
    Options
    Hi Phran! :smile: I'm a newbie here, too! Just joined last Monday (17th) - but, I'm loving it!!! You mentioned that you are "switching from WW to calorie counting" so I thought I would share this: I found this site because we begain a WW At-Work program, at my office. Right after our first meeting, I went to my computer (because that's where I LIVE :laugh: ) and was looking for some online tools that would help me monitor my progress - searching for recipes - etc. I ran across mfp.com and fell in LOVE with it!! I'll be honest! I knew, up front, that the hardest part of WW - for me - was going to be keeping a food diary! I had done LA WeightLoss a couple of years ago and they require that, too. I found out, pretty fast, that I just am NOT good at that!! However!! -- I AM good at being on the computer!! It's where I live, pretty much 8-10 hrs a day! Sooooo - I thought - why can't I just use the food diary HERE - instead of having to make sure I have my WW book, and a pencil, everywhere I am! It has made keeping a food diary SOOOO EEEEEEASY!!!! PLUS - even tho this food diary doesn't have an option for WW points - I can, still, calculate them by taking the total calories/fat/fiber, from here - and entering them into my handy-dandy WW points calculator!! So far, so good!! As of this morning, I have lost 8 lbs!!!!! :happy: Best of luck, whichever way you go!! Have a fabulous day!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Hi Phran! :smile: I'm a newbie here, too! Just joined last Monday (17th) - but, I'm loving it!!! You mentioned that you are "switching from WW to calorie counting" so I thought I would share this: I found this site because we begain a WW At-Work program, at my office. Right after our first meeting, I went to my computer (because that's where I LIVE :laugh: ) and was looking for some online tools that would help me monitor my progress - searching for recipes - etc. I ran across mfp.com and fell in LOVE with it!! I'll be honest! I knew, up front, that the hardest part of WW - for me - was going to be keeping a food diary! I had done LA WeightLoss a couple of years ago and they require that, too. I found out, pretty fast, that I just am NOT good at that!! However!! -- I AM good at being on the computer!! It's where I live, pretty much 8-10 hrs a day! Sooooo - I thought - why can't I just use the food diary HERE - instead of having to make sure I have my WW book, and a pencil, everywhere I am! It has made keeping a food diary SOOOO EEEEEEASY!!!! PLUS - even tho this food diary doesn't have an option for WW points - I can, still, calculate them by taking the total calories/fat/fiber, from here - and entering them into my handy-dandy WW points calculator!! So far, so good!! As of this morning, I have lost 8 lbs!!!!! :happy: Best of luck, whichever way you go!! Have a fabulous day!!!! :flowerforyou:
    Congrats on your 8 pounds lost
    :heart: Megan
  • phranqueigh22285
    Options

Totally what I wanted to hear! :). I was just worried I suppose because I teach preschool and therefore am NOT on the computer until I get home...but I have a little notebook and think, like WW, calorie counting is ALL about planning! So that's what I intend to do. Thank you SOOOO much for the lovely words! CONGRATULATIONS on your 8 pounds!!!!!! That is AWESOME!!!! xoxox
  • phranqueigh22285
    Options
    Thanks Megan!!! Best of luck on your journey too! We can do this!!!!!!
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    Tamara,

You've lost 125 pounds?!? You are AMAZING!!!!!!!!! Congratulations on all of your hard work and success! That is absolutely phenomenal!!

thanks I feel amazing like a different person. Glad you are here if you need anything just ask I wil try to help as much as I possible can.
  • phranqueigh22285
    Options
    Thank you sooo much!! You have no idea how much I appreciate it!! xox
  • donamurphy
    Options
    :happy: Thanks, Franscesca -- and Megan!! Our journey is going to be SOOO EXCITING!!!! :happy:

Tamara, you are SUCH an inspiration!!!! Congratulations on your WIN over weight!!! I want to be just like you when I grow up!!! :wink:

Have a fabulous day!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    :happy: Thanks, Franscesca -- and Megan!! Our journey is going to be SOOO EXCITING!!!! :happy:

Tamara, you are SUCH an inspiration!!!! Congratulations on your WIN over weight!!! I want to be just like you when I grow up!!! :wink:

Have a fabulous day!!!! :flowerforyou:

Lol your funny, as my mom would say this is completely taken over my life and maybe a bit obsessive also. But I only do it to myself, my kids still eat what they want with in reason I mean they do have to eat fruits and veggie but they still get the snacks.

I quick story the other day I asked my kids 11 yr old and 5 yr old which pack of cookies they wanted in their lunch and they both said the mini packs of chocolate chips cookies, so in each one of the their lunch boxes I put a pack of cookies. When I got up in the morning I was like they dont need a whole bag of cookies so I opened the pack I put 3 ina snack pack for my son's (11 yr old) lunch box and 2 in my daughters (5 yr old) lunch box and sent them to school when they got home they were like mom I thought we had a whole pack of cookies, I laughed and said your didnt need all that sugar, thats when they came to the conclusion that there are not gonna beat me in this battle. lol

They will thank me later, my son has already does fabulous things he has has 20 pounds and he gets up with me at 445 and runs 5 miles before school starts, now thats dedication.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!!! You will love it here if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you much success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • phranqueigh22285
    Options
    Thanks SO much Laura!! I'm already hooked ;). It's just wonderful. Congrats on all that you have accomplished!!!! You're such an inspiration!