The Color Run!

Options
I'm running my first 5k this July and I'm really excited about it! It looks like a lot of fun and I'm wondering if anyone else will be running it as well!

I'm kind of nervous, so if anyone has some tips for a first timer I'd appreciate any responses :)

Also, if anyone is interested in it, here's the link to the website where you can also sign up: http://thecolorrun.com/

Happy running!

Replies

• Mandy_Pandy
    Options
    I'm running the one in September in Birmingham! I have never ran a color run before! I'm so excited. I think it looks like so fun!
  • lmd172
    lmd172 Posts: 172
    Options
    me and my 2 running friends are waiting for reg to open for the charlotte race...it looks like a blast!

good luck to y'all!
  • BCKS
    BCKS Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I did the Color Run in January when they were in AZ. It was a blast! It's not so much a "competitive" race like other 5k's because everyone's out there goofing off and having fun, trying to get as much color on themselves as possible. :laugh:
    It will be a great first time experience for you! Have fun!!
  • TeresaC79
    TeresaC79 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    We are doing ColorMeRad.

Looks like it is basically the same thing.

It is going to be super fun!
  • BCKS
    BCKS Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    This dog in my profile pic is from the AZ Color Run. :laugh: :laugh: It was hysterical! I just had to take his pic!
  • Mandy_Pandy
    Options
    This dog in my profile pic is from the AZ Color Run. :laugh: :laugh: It was hysterical! I just had to take his pic!

OMG! That is almost too much cuteness!!!! Love it!
  • jennikawilliams28
    jennikawilliams28 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I did the Color Run in January when they were in AZ. It was a blast! It's not so much a "competitive" race like other 5k's because everyone's out there goofing off and having fun, trying to get as much color on themselves as possible. :laugh:
    It will be a great first time experience for you! Have fun!!

I love seeing pictures from them! I'm excited that it won't be more "competitive." I'm looking forward to just enjoying the ride! Thank you for sharing your picture! :D
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I'll be running the NYC Color Run in August! Supposed to be a blast!
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    I'm doing one in June in the Cleveland, OH area, I'm so excited!!!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I am thinking of doing the one in Philly in July, is that the one you are going to do?
  • jennikawilliams28
    Options
    I am thinking of doing the one in Philly in July, is that the one you are going to do?

I will be going to the one in KC, MO with a group of friends. I think it will be a lot of fun, you should sign up for it! :)
  • tradaboie
    tradaboie Posts: 132
    Options
    My friend and I are driving to Albuquerque in August to do the color run there. It's our first 5K too and we are so excited LOL
  • jennikawilliams28
    Options
    My friend and I are driving to Albuquerque in August to do the color run there. It's our first 5K too and we are so excited LOL

Haha, me too! I've never seen anything like this before! I'm excited to look like someone splashed a few buckets of paint on me! :happy:
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    My son and I did the Atlanta one last weekend. It was so much fun. More of a happy party than a race. We had to wait in lines to get spattered. Take towels and baby wipes. Don't get the color wet or it will stain your skin. Wipe down with dry towels and then wipe down with baby wipes. Take a change of clothes and towels to sit on. They will blow you off too if you want.
    Most of all enjoy it and have lots of laughs.

My profile pic is from the color run. The big one ran with me. The little one joined us for the after color party.
  • jennikawilliams28
    Options
    My son and I did the Atlanta one last weekend. It was so much fun. More of a happy party than a race. We had to wait in lines to get spattered. Take towels and baby wipes. Don't get the color wet or it will stain your skin. Wipe down with dry towels and then wipe down with baby wipes. Take a change of clothes and towels to sit on. They will blow you off too if you want.
    Most of all enjoy it and have lots of laughs.

My profile pic is from the color run. The big one ran with me. The little one joined us for the after color party.

That's great! Thanks for the tips I'll keep them in mind! It looks like you guys had a blast and I can't wait to go!
  • curiousheathy
    Options
    I am waiting for NYC registration to open! It will be my first 5k! My fiance will be joining me! I'm super psyched!! :)
  • anniebeeee
    Options
    I'll be skipping or walking it in Sacramento the beginning of August. Luckily I was able to get a lot of family to join. So it should be super exciting and fun.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Me too, July 1 :) It's my first race as well.
  • jsdean87
    jsdean87 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Have heard positive things about it! Sounds like a blast! There is a great couch to 5k training program (6 weeks) on www.about.com Have a great time!
  • trail_turtle
    trail_turtle Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Your first 5K should be about having FUN and reaching that initial goal of finishing the 5K (you can work on speed/times and all that other stuff later!).

A color run is a great first-time 5K idea! Hope you have a blast!