does working out make you tired?

Options
This happen to anyone else? I think over all I am just normally always tired...
When I workout I get this rush of energy that usually lasts 1-1.5 hours after my workout is done, then I begin to get sleepy,

so my question is, is this normal? and if it happens to you guys how do you cope?

Replies

• JeepBrah
    JeepBrah Posts: 150
    Options
    Ofcourse when you lift hard you get tired:) depends on your calorie intake aswell
  • Cindio
    Cindio Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    It happens to me too! So I work out at night and I have an awesome sleep. If you have a high protein meal after working out it might help.
  • Cclancaster
    Cclancaster Posts: 368
    Options
    Yes this happens to me as well. Though I am strength training and they say the strain on the muscle is what does it. The tearing and repairing of the muscle takes more energy than plain cardio. This has been my little solve for the problem. I take a sip no more than half of a 5hr energy 1/2- 1 hr before my workout I not only have more energy for my workout I also don't crash after the workout like I used to. Good luck would love to hear other people's solution to this problem.

Edit: I also do a high protein shake within 30 minutes of my workout.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    If it's all the time, you're either over training, or under eating.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    What are you doing for your recovery drink/snack after the workout?
  • slynn28
    slynn28 Posts: 93
    Options
    i feel tired but more hungry lol.
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Right there with you. When it's really bad its usually my own fault. I've had a killer workout and not properly fueled. But the overall always tired feeling for me is just trying to do too much... family, work, church, fitness, yada yada yada it wears on a gal, we all probably need to take a day off from time to time and just be at peace with where we are.
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    What are you doing for your recovery drink/snack after the workout?

normally I make a protein shake after, i'm using Iso Burst protein from GNC.
    I didn't do that today however, just made myself some eggs and toast, figured eggs had enough protein?
  • rider72
    rider72 Posts: 119
    Options
    Make sure you get enough carbs post workout, sounds like you are bonking (I get this a lot and I know its becuase im low on carbs or dehydrated)
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Make sure you get enough carbs post workout, sounds like you are bonking (I get this a lot and I know its becuase im low on carbs or dehydrated)

not too sure, I think my downfall is my carbs, i love carbs...haha trying to eat healthy carbs however as opposed to bad ones
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    After training, I can barely stand up.

Just as well I have four legs.