Carbs be gone...

Options
Mery21
Mery21 Posts: 26
I love carbs but it doesnt love me. So I try my best to cut it out for now. Would like carb free recipe tips thats just as filling. Many thanks.

Replies

• Byrdsong1920
    Byrdsong1920 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I love carbs but it doesnt love me. So I try my best to cut it out for now. Would like carb free recipe tips thats just as filling. Many thanks.

I'm with you. I love carbs, but they hate me!! Especially the good ones like garlic bread, cake, pizza, etc! lol!

Now that i've met w/ a nutrtionist and taken my workouts to a new level, I try to keep to one cheat meal /week, or maybe two. When I do, its all about a yummy carb. Picked up the Phase 2 carb blocker from Vitamin shop and thats been a lifesaver. Also featured on Dr. Oz Show. It works and blocks carbs from absorbing into blood stream. But you end up using the restroom a lot to rid of it! *beware lol!!

Happy journeys! Will post some low carb meals soon!
  • DulceDollie
    DulceDollie Posts: 115
    Options
    Low-carb diets have worked the best for me. The best website I've found is www.genaw.com.
  • steelersfamily6
    steelersfamily6 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Also check skinnytaste.com, it some low carb recipes
    Oh and so does the Atkins website
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    yourlighterside.com is a fav of mine and I put my recipes in my blog here
  • Byrdsong1920
    Byrdsong1920 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Also check skinnytaste.com, it some low carb recipes
    Oh and so does the Atkins website
    cool site! thanks for sharing!
  • Mery21
    Options
    RachelsReboot:

May I ask how long it took you to lose 172lbs? This is amazing.
  • kabloozi
    kabloozi Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    172lbs gone! Amazing job GF! As for the low carbs...I don't think they like me either especially when Aunt Flo is in town. Lol
    Cool sites to visit...thanks Pals ;)
  • LiveforChange
    LiveforChange Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I agree skinnytaste.com has great reciepes
  • Cheshire_Kat
    Cheshire_Kat Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I too would like Carb free recipe's =] Thanks for the direction everyone.
  • RachelsReboot
    Options
    Its been years long process but 72 of it has happened since Oct 2011, I have lost and regained until I was diagnosed with primary carbohydrate intolerance.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Eating below 130 grams of carbs a day is dangerous. Carbs should make up the majority of your diet, actually. I'm not saying to stuff yourself with bread, but eat plenty of fruits and vegetables as well as whole grains. Carbs are the ONLY source of energy that your brain and red blood cells can make use of, so cutting them out is extremely unwise and dangerous.
  • RachelsReboot
    Options
    Eating below 130 grams of carbs a day is dangerous. Carbs should make up the majority of your diet, actually. I'm not saying to stuff yourself with bread, but eat plenty of fruits and vegetables as well as whole grains. Carbs are the ONLY source of energy that your brain and red blood cells can make use of, so cutting them out is extremely unwise and dangerous.

LOL that is bull, do some research, carbohydrates are the only non essential dietary macronutrient. They are not the only source of energy that your brain and red blood cells can make use of and cutting them is neither unwise or dangerous. You are sadly and highly misinformed.
  • chasingbabes
    Options

LOL that is bull, do some research, carbohydrates are the only non essential dietary macronutrient. They are not the only source of energy that your brain and red blood cells can make use of and cutting them is neither unwise or dangerous. You are sadly and highly misinformed.

^^THIS^^ What she said!
  • Mery21
    Options
    Thanks for all the input. I do get carbs in my diet just not from pastas, rice, potatoes and breads. Im hoping to re-unite with my carb enemies by ThanksGiving.
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    best low carb site ever!

www.lowcarbdiets.about.com

try it you will like it!
  • suzzee2000
    suzzee2000 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hooray for the Low Carbers! Information and research is the way to go!!!!

Here's another great low carb site with so much support and information! They cover all low carb diets on the planet!
    Good Luck!

http://forum.lowcarber.org/

PS.....Don't pay attention to the opinions of people who don't believe in low carbing they love to run in spout off on every subject then run away!!
    Knowledge is power! Just do your homework!
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/

This is a good site, have fun xx

Pssstt also our bodies turn good fats into energy.. Look up that site above xx Lots of information x
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    bump
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options

Absolute Bull.... get your info right before spouting off!
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Bump