Swim suit? Whats that?

Options
Its getting warmer and I guess Im going to miss out on the water parks and tanning again. Its been about a million years since I last wore a swim suit. Im still hopeful but chances are low. Congrats to those of you who are able to wear your swim suits this summer.

Replies

• fleabert18
    Options
    First, congratulations on your weight loss! Fantastic work. Second, if you want to rock a swim suit, do it! Confidence is what's attractive. You're clearly working hard towards your goals.
  • cpiton
    cpiton Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    First, congratulations on your weight loss! Fantastic work. Second, if you want to rock a swim suit, do it! Confidence is what's attractive. You're clearly working hard towards your goals.

^This. I'm in the same situation. My doctor suggested swimming as an additional exercise today and I just stared at her. I haven't worn a suit in three years! Well, it's time to start, right? I wanna swim this year! :bigsmile:
  • flopsy1973
    Options
    I have been swimming twice this week for the first time in over 20 years. Had to borrow a costume from my mum as my size 24 was too big. I wore an 18 but that was a bit big too. Treated myself to a new swimsuit in a size 16. A great way to burn calories :smile:
  • fleabert18
    Options

^This. I'm in the same situation. My doctor suggested swimming as an additional exercise today and I just stared at her. I haven't worn a suit in three years! Well, it's time to start, right? I wanna swim this year! :bigsmile:

Yes! I swim three times weekly for fitness. Great all over, no impact work out. I just get to the pool, take off my sweats and slip right in. Everyone else is immersed, too, so there's really nothing to see.
  • Acherona
    Acherona Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I went swimming in a brand new swim dress after 4 years and even though im size 20( was a 26-28 uk sizes) i felt great, dont care what anyone else thought but i looked sexy to :P even my boyfriend rather liked seeing me in it as well as the confidence oozing from me. Just get a costume you feel good in and like and the rest will come with it :D

would put a pic up and show you but cant find a pic of it on the web :D
  • Mery21
    Mery21 Posts: 26
    Options
    I dont think its a confident issue with me. Its more about feeling uncomfortable. Its hard for me to feel great in this skin when I know what I used to look and feel like. Healthy, fit and comfortable. It was just 3 yrs ago. Until somebody lends me their time machine, Im going to have to take all of you with me on my weight loss journey!
  • cpiton
    cpiton Posts: 380 Member
    Options

Yes! I swim three times weekly for fitness. Great all over, no impact work out. I just get to the pool, take off my sweats and slip right in. Everyone else is immersed, too, so there's really nothing to see.

The reason she wanted me to swim was to reduce the strain on my joints from weightlifting, so impact is a big factor.

I'm not only worried about the swimsuit but also the hunger I always get afterward. Still, I'm going to hit the Y this summer and see if it helps :)
  • MissYogapants
    MissYogapants Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hey, everyone are allowed to wear swim suits, they're not just for some! :) You go and have awesome splashy-splashy adventures!! Me, however, you'll be finding on some sort of beach instead of in the water because I'm afraid of water :)
  • Caitella
    Caitella Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm in the pool nearly every day. Love it!!! But I didn't always feel comfortable going in, baring all in a swimsuit.....urghhhhhh However I persevered and now it doesn't even cross my mind. You just get used to it

Also, remember that not everybody that goes swimming have great figures or are super fit. Everybody's in the same boat and you'd be surprised how little people are looking. They're really not.

Go for it. The first time will be the most daunting but you will soon get used to it.

Don't miss out any longer!!!!!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Swim dresses are the best thing ever! I love mine! It's not too good for swimming laps and such but it is great for hanging out by the pool!