No weight loss, but 7% bodyfat loss (pics)

Options
'm desperate to lose weight. At 213lbs, I have an obese BMI and it drives me crazy. I have been doing C25k and most of my work has been cardio based, but still, the weight stays on, but, I found out yesterday that I have lost 7% body fat! Which I think is pretty good. In the picture on the right, I was 238 last September at my daughters birthday. The middle picture, I am 212. The far left picture was this morning. I am actually up a pound at 213, but am thinner. Is is so
wrong that I want the numbers to drop?
[ img ]http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t462/elfbaby24/238-215-2136.jpg[ /img ]

Replies

• DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options
    'm desperate to lose weight. At 213lbs, I have an obese BMI and it drives me crazy. I have been doing C25k and most of my work has been cardio based, but still, the weight stays on, but, I found out yesterday that I have lost 7% body fat! Which I think is pretty good. In the picture on the right, I was 238 last September at my daughters birthday. The middle picture, I am 212. The far left picture was this morning. I am actually up a pound at 213, but am thinner. Is is so
    wrong that I want the numbers to drop?
    238-215-2136.jpg

Try posting the link without spaces before/after the imgs. :)
  • DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options
    You can definitely tell a difference! Trust me, the scale is not what you want to judge by. You look like you've lost inches and that's all that matters!
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it not all about that number! You have obviously gained muscle.
  • mamakira
    mamakira Posts: 366
    Options
    You look fantastic! Great job!

Thank you for sharing, just the motivation I need today as my numbers are not changing and I am getting desperate. I need someone checking my musclemass, maybe that is the secret.
  • May63
    May63 Posts: 162
    Options
    Way to go. Thx for motivation. Same problem. No weight loss. I can tell there is more muscle
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    You are doing fantastic, I can see a big difference, and 238 in sept to 213 now is a good loss!!

Losing body fat / inches is waaaay more important than losing lbs. Would you rather be a smaller size and the same weight, or the same size and weigh less?

If your workouts are mainly cardio, try adding some weights. This will build more muscle, which burns more calories Even at rest and eventually the lbs will go down :-)
  • Long2bslim
    Long2bslim Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic, huge difference between September and now, dont stress about the numbers ....just keep looking at those pictures and telling yourself how well you look now and how far you've come...well done :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!