Been good for three days and not lost a pound!

Options
2»

Replies

• FattyBatty15
    Options
    Thanks to everyone. Logically I know what you have all said is true, doesn't help me wanting it sooner though! :laugh:
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    3 days???? Get a grip. Slow down. Take a deep breath. Now, make a sensible meal plan following MFP's guidelines and relax. The pounds will go, but not over night.
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness!! Be patient!! Three days?? People work for months and years to look good and be healthy! It's a journey... be patient or you are setting yourself up for failure...

Read this too: http://www.jencomaskeck.com/2012/02/tick-tock-fat-loss-clock.html
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I'm 37, I weigh 9st 7lbs (133lbs). I am eating 1200 calories a day

There's your problem.
    You exercise SO MUCH and you aren't eating enough to sustain that activity level. I'd say you need AT LEAST between 1400-1600.
  • FattyBatty15
    Options
    The scales still haven't budged this morning. Scared to eat more.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    1) get rid of the scale
    2) this takes time
    3) if you are only netting 1200 calories and exercising as much as you say, you are NOT eating enough
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Basically you have to eat a 3500 surplus to gain a pound of fat. Eating this low, you are setting yourself up for failure. Take the advice of everyone and eat more. I looked at your diary and you did not up your calories yesterday.
  • sar333
    sar333 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, normally when I have stuck to my healthy regime I los at least a pound sometimes two within the first three days. This time however I have not lost a thing. I am only 4ft 11in and have a sedentary job but I exercise about 45 mins six days a week. Why haven't I lost anything. Most frustrating and demotivating. I knew I shouldn't have weighed!
    :noway:
    It takes time your ,mind,body and your mouth has to adjust,dont get stressesd.Stress can sometime cause u to gain weight.
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    As other posters have said:
    3 days is nothing it takes time, you didn't gain te weight overnight and you won't lose it overnight.
    You aren't eating enough. You say you eat 1200 but looking at your diary you are netting as low as 600 some days which is unhealthy. 1200 is NET so you should eat back exercise cals. Also as you only have 16lbs to lose your goal should be 0.5 per week which may give you more than 1200.
    Try tracking sugar and meeting ALL your macros - you seem to eat a lot of yogurt, fruit and ready meals which are all very high sugar. I can go over just from fruit and milk some days. Also you eat hardly any fat, the fat goal is there for a reason your body does need fat, just try and choose healthy fats like olive oil, avocado, nuts.

If you haven't seen it already, look for a post called 'in place of a road map' and work out your bmr / tdee which will give you the calorie range that you should lose in x
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Your problem is glaringly obvious. You are not eating NEARLY enough to do yourself any good. Your exercise is all for not if you are only going to eat that few of calories.

You have a lot of learning to do, Grasshopper.