Why am I hungry?

Options
Hi. during the week I eat dinner with the little ones - say by 6pm. On weekends I eat at 8pm with hubby. But during week, at 8pm I'm starving!!! :-( Last night ended up not being pretty.... ;-( Why am I hungry? Am I not eating enough? Thanks.

Replies

• creature275
    creature275 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    you need to open your food log so it can be viewed, it can be any number of things
  • sweetpea7441
    sweetpea7441 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    How do I open it?
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Go to food, then settings then down the bottom is the diary options, set it to public :)
  • Angiesolomon
    Angiesolomon Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Your carb intake is low, I think you need to eat more slow release carbs like brown rice and sweet potato to keep you full. Hope this works!
  • christinerush
    Options
    Hi, I can see you are having some protein but I would add some protein shakes with skim milk and see if you are less hungry with those added in! I find they keep you really full!
  • sweetpea7441
    Options
    Thanks for your replies. I have been following the 17 Day Diet - am on first 17 days, hence the low or no carbs. But I'm fed up with it. Might go onto brown pasta and sw potato.
    Is there anything that I should watch out for with protein shakes? Not quite sure what that is. Not the same as diet drinks? Where you drink the drink instead of eating?
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    First off, when you created your caloric intake, how many lbs. per week did you program to lose? You've lost 1 kg. how long has it taken to lose that. What is your stArting weight?

Without knowing those, my dietician recommends we eat 3 snacks a day, one between breakfast and lunch, between lunch and dinner and between dinner and bed. This smoothes out those peaks and valleys.
  • sweetpea7441
    Options
    My starting weight was 65kg, its now 63.8kg and I'm on day 13. I didn't program an amount to lose per week - was I supposed to do that? What snacks do you eat? Fruit and veg? Thanks
  • Ash_76
    Ash_76 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    try upping your meals to 5 or 6 a day, eat smaller portions but more often, this will help curb hunger and help increase metabolism
  • creature275
    Options
    I agree, try spreading your meals out and eat smaller portions
  • creature275
    Options
    I agree with angiesolomon as well, your carb intake is much too low, slow releasing carbs throughout your day will keep your glucose levels stable and give you more energy "fat is burned in the furnace of carbohydrate" - Arnold Swarcheneggar
  • sweetpea7441
    Options
    Thanks, I will do that. :-)
  • sweetpea7441
    Options
    Sorry, just thought of something. Do you guys think my portions are too big? Or its more that its just better to eat smaller portions throughout the day and end up at same total?
  • Nokarot
    Nokarot Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm not an expert on this kinda stuff, but I know that deciding when to drink water tends to keep my stomache full during the day, too. Once upon a time, as uneducated as I was, I just filled a pitcher of water and drank it with my breakfast and spent the next 2 hours peeing it all out. However, now I do a "drink a glass of water every 2 hours" ordeal and it seems to work out pretty well.

Not sure if this helps you at all, diarys don't really track many water details, but just thought I'd add an additional thought.
  • Ash_76
    Ash_76 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm not an expert on this kinda stuff, but I know that deciding when to drink water tends to keep my stomache full during the day, too. Once upon a time, as uneducated as I was, I just filled a pitcher of water and drank it with my breakfast and spent the next 2 hours peeing it all out. However, now I do a "drink a glass of water every 2 hours" ordeal and it seems to work out pretty well.

Not sure if this helps you at all, diarys don't really track many water details, but just thought I'd add an additional thought.
    there is truth in the water thing,,, your body can make you think that you are hungry when you may actually be slightly dehydrated, always have a glass of water with meals
  • sweetpea7441
    Options
    I drink easily 8 glasses of water a day.
  • Nokarot
    Nokarot Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    What I'm saying isn't regarding how much you drink, but when you drink it. Water fills your stomach and causes you to be full.

For example, if somebody drank 8 glasses of water for breakfast (crazy, I know) they wouldn't be hungry. However, once that water goes through their system, their stomach is empty. If you spread out your water intake, your stomach won't be empty as often, therefor you might not be as hungry.

It may or may not help you, I just know it's something that has helped me.
  • sweetpea7441
    Options
    Thanks, I do try and split the 8 glasses over the day.
  • BazAbroad
    BazAbroad Posts: 248
    Options
    Try protein drinks in the evening,,,
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    2 weeks ago I was like you, felt starving. I changed my protein to 100g or more and carbs to 150g or less (from 250) its changed my life! Yesterday I only had 82 carbs but had 150g protein. I've never been so full and content. I don't think you need to eat lots of carbs but you do need to eat lots of protein. I've been eating a lot of chicken as its super high protein 50 odd for a chicken breast. I've also started having a protein shake and sometimes a protein bar per day. I'm eating 1400 calories. I'm so content and feel I can really do this long term. My macros are 30 protein, 30 fat, 40 carbs. X