No one to exercise with...

Options
Honestly my title says it all. I work out at 2-3am and usually there is only 1 other person in the gym and that is the person who is working there. If only i could find people around here that share the same type of workout schedule as me...just gets kinda lonely at the gym. Granted, i usually listen to headphones while i do cardio.. it would be nice to have a friendly face to talk to every once and a while...anyone else have that problem with not having someone to work out with. It just seems with so many people trying to lose weight, get fit, bulk up... that people are doing this alone.

Sorry, my rant is complete now :)

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i'd love to have a partner on lifting days to help with spotting. i was think of posting something in my gym.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    At the risk of asking the obvious........is there a reason you're working out at 2-3AM? Work schedule? Night owl?

Perhaps if you were able to change your schedule you'd find a few more bodies around the gym.(I've gotta say I kind of like the idea of having the gym pretty much to myself, no waiting for equipment)
  • SuperSnoopy
    SuperSnoopy Posts: 3,464 Member
    Options
    As above ^^^^
  • loztredders
    loztredders Posts: 142
    Options
    I actually prefer to exercise by myself, If I start exercising with friends, we spend more time chatting than actually doing any exercise. Might be just me not being motivated enough though!
    I also love when the gym is quiet since you don't have to wait for machines and there is less people around to see my bright red face and sweatiness!
  • Nhilylene
    Options
    I completely understand. My boyfriend and I moved to Cali last year for his military job, and that means no friends, and considering there area we are in I cant find a half decent.. Well, any job really. So I gained weight just lounging around. He works night shifts so I am always up around 4pm-6am. He was kind enough to purchase me a gym membership, but I feel weird going to the gym at night by myself, with no one I know and knowing my boyfriend will be unreachable at work. O.o..
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Being a former 340 lb guy, I'm not exactly a social butterfly, so I workout alone. Be safe. If you squat, use the squat cage or power rack, etc...
  • impudentputz
    impudentputz Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    normally just a night owl. I usually work til 9-10pm and the gym i usually go to is only open til 10, so i have to make the trip to the nearest 24hr gym. Im starting to lift weights and it would be nice to have something there as a spotter or just someone to encourage me to get that final rep or two done. With no one around its easy to (as Jillian Michaels would say) Phone in the last few reps. but i think having someone there adds accountability.