fat 2 fit discrepency

Options
I'm lost. Ive been on this site for a month and I've been listening to the ft 2 fit podcasts. I did a few weeks of turbo fire and I'm finishing my second week of ripped in 30 I really haven't lost anything. F2F says 2134 calories day and MFP says 1670.

I am 34yo, female, 67.5 inches and weigh 195. My body fat % is 33.6 on a body fat scale.

Who's right?

There are countless threads with confused people asking for help. Add me to the list. I am afraid I will lose motivation if I don't start seeing results!

you do you guys think?

Replies

• kris4chloe
    kris4chloe Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Fat2Fit is figuring in your exercise into that, so if you set your calorie goal to that then you do not eat back exercise calories. MFP has it so you eat back exercise calories.

Or you can do like I have done and I have set my goal to sedentary from Fat2Fit and eat back most of my exercise calories. Which is slightly higher then MFP's but is a healthier loss.
  • slbeutler
    slbeutler Posts: 205
    Options
    An easy formula that I have seen is take your goal weight times 10 and it will give you a good number. It actually matched MFP when I add my exercise in.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Fat 2 fit that level is for moderately active....some define moderately active differently.

I did your f2f numbers based on the info and with a goal of 145 and it says a bmr of 1732 for sedentary and 1984 for lightly active.

I would stay somewhere between 1700-1900 calories and you will lose weight. It may be slower, but it will stay off longer.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,114 Member
    Options
    Exactly. They are saying the same thing.....MFP makes you manually add your exercise, F2F figures it in.
  • slbeutler
    slbeutler Posts: 205
    Options
    I would stick with the closer to 1600 or 1700, like MFP says. The other might be overestimating how much you are actually burning with exercise.
  • Char_marcus
    Char_marcus Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    fat2fit also mentions when you read it that those are the calories that you should eat to maintain at your goal weight!!, and that if you deduct some from that total you will lose weight

from fat2fit

''Based on how much activity you do on an average day, the calories in the right column will be the number of calories that you will be able to eat at your goal weight. If you start eating those calories right now (eating like the thinner you), you will eventually become that thinner person. As you get closer to your goal weight, your weight loss will start to slow down. It is OK to eat a few hundred calories less per day (200-300) to speed up your weight loss at this point.''

hope this helps
  • eatrunstretch
    eatrunstretch Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    RI30 will give you great inch loss results - hang in there! When I did it, hardly lost anything on the scales but boy did I loose inches. If you haven't already, measure yourself and be ready to be blown away when you're done!

I have been on this journey for 16 months and the one thing I have learnt is don't give up! Keep trying, keep hitting play on your workout dvd, keep drinking water, the weight will shift! You gotta show it who's the boss! You can do this!
  • chris7064
    chris7064 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I think it's starting to make sense. Long way to go but I'm not in a hurry this time!