Missed cals yesterday - eat them today?

Options
I'm sure this has been asked a thousand times..... I didn't have time to log my dinner cals last night, and made a new recipe.... I was sure it was a lot more calories than it turned out being when I entered everything into a recipe calculator this morning.

Turns out I barely ate 1100 cals yesterday - should I make up some or all of my "missing" cals this morning?

With exercise, I was short almost 400 cals. I typically eat ALL my exercise calories....

I'm 5'7"..... not one of those people who have base rates of 1000 cals :wink:

Replies

• astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I would! I have in the past eaten half my exercise cals from a long workout on the same day, and eaten the rest of them the next day, even if I'm resting. Or especially if I'm resting, b/c I'm always hungrier on those days.
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options
    I've wondered the same thing. Or if I'm way over one day, should I not eat my exercise calories the next day? I've noticed if I have an over day, I have a ton of energy to exercise the next day and I'm not hungry for all my exercise calories. I mean it's not like at midnight your body completely resets and isn't affected by the previous hours.
  • teetsel4
    teetsel4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I don't eat them. However, I take extra care to eat my calorie intake, especially the next day. One day of not eating enough is not going to but you on a plateau. But do it enough times it can slow down your weight loss.

But here's another question.... Do you eat those calories that night? After 7 or 8? I had only ate 800 or so after my dinner, THEN I logged in my exercise and I had burned over 400 calories! I had almost 900 calories left to eat. But by that time it was way after 8:00. So what do you do? I didn't feel right eating 900 calories before bed. Anyhow, thoughts?
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I've had trouble with running out of "day" to eat my calories as well. I really hate to eat after 8:00, if my deficit is really high after exercise I try to eat something, just try to stay away from carbs. Will be interested to see what others do.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,550 Member
    Options
    I carry a protein bar with me to the gym and eat it to partially utilize my exercise calories. Otherwise, I pretty much eat normally, except maybe allowing myself some carbs or a sweet treat.
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys! I appreciate the feedback! :smile: :flowerforyou: