Hello!

I downloaded the MyFitnessPal app on my iPhone about a week and a half ago. I'm loving the simplicity and am working on losing about 70 pounds (mostly baby weight I put on when I was pregnant with my daughter in 2010, and then some!), and recently joined our local YMCA to meet my fitness goals. I've really let myself go since she was born, and never quite knew how to juggle exercise, eating right, and raising my very busy child. Now that she's eating the same meals as the rest of the family, I"m motivated to cook healthy meals, and for the first time in years, I'm actually eating my vegetables! :-) My main motivation is to lose the weight so I can enjoy my daughter's childhood - I don't want to be the fat mom on the playground who can't run around with her child because of the excess weight. I joined the Y so I could use their daycare facility while I was able to work out - I'm finding it's nearly impossible to get any exercise in at home when my toddler is hanging on my leg all the time! I can't wait to be able to look in the mirror and not be disgusted by what I see.

Replies

• Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Welcome! Good lick with our adventure :drinker:
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Luck even lol
  • velvetred14
    velvetred14 Posts: 18 Member
    I think a lot of us have been in your position at one time or another. Good luck and if I can help! just look me up! I started here on Tuesday of this week and am finding it much easier than other diets. I am VERY hopeful. :blushing:
  • a_new_dawn
    a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
    as a full time mum i can sympathise how its hard to find the time, energy and motivation to exercise!

This site will hopefully help with the motivation!

good luck on your weight loss journey!