Is this it???

Options
I lost a lot of weight during the first week then slowed down. Anyone else? Any advise /tricks?

Replies

• carly_pear
    carly_pear Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating per day?

Yes, I am in the same boat.
  • Sugoiharris
    Sugoiharris Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Weight loss in the first week will almost always be bigger than normal because you are sweating of extra water weight. The next weeks you'll loose less but what you are loosing is fat not tons of water. It's happens to pretty much everyone.
  • sarahdee2007
    Options
    My progress has slowed down a lot, but I had a few cheat days over Easter, and I have been trying different things with my workouts, trying to find what I like. If you have been doing the same things, you may need to switch it up.. Cross training, ya know...
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    That does happen to everyone. I went 2 months with just a little weight loss then it started coming off again. Don't become discouraged. Keep dieting and exercising and you will see the results.
  • iamnoangel
    Options
    I always and try to change up my exercise once a week, something new, different, add stuff in, seems that my body gets used to stuff really fast. Changing it up helps me when I slow down/keeps things moving
  • Mery21
    Mery21 Posts: 26
    Options
    Carly_pear:

1500 cals per day.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    are you losing inches? and when you say slow down what does that mean? like what were you losing before and what are you losing now?

also what's your BMR and your TDEE?

for the most part your exercise wont have any affect on your weight loss if you're accurately calculating your TDEE. what causes weight loss is a calorie deficiency, but you need to make sure your deficit is somewhere higher than your BMR but lower than your TDEE
  • Mery21
    Options
    are you losing inches? and when you say slow down what does that mean? like what were you losing before and what are you losing now?

also what's your BMR and your TDEE?

for the most part your exercise wont have any affect on your weight loss if you're accurately calculating your TDEE. what causes weight loss is a calorie deficiency, but you need to make sure your deficit is somewhere higher than your BMR but lower than your TDEE

Im losing weight but not inches. Well, it doesnt look like it anyway. I lost over 11lbs the first week and then slowed down to 2-3lbs per week. I dont know my BMR? I do 1500 cals per day and exersice 6 days per week for 1-2 hours per day.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    I lost a lot of weight during the first week then slowed down. Anyone else? Any advise /tricks?

Most of what you lost the first week will be water weight. That is normal.

http://www.justinowings.com/understanding-bodyweight-and-glycogen-de/
  • b3llzy
    b3llzy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I call the first week the honeymoon week...because it's usually super awesome!
  • harrietlg
    harrietlg Posts: 239
    Options
    Im losing weight but not inches. Well, it doesnt look like it anyway. I lost over 11lbs the first week and then slowed down to 2-3lbs per week. I dont know my BMR? I do 1500 cals per day and exersice 6 days per week for 1-2 hours per day.
    [/quote]

2-3 pounds a week is pretty average, I'd love to lose 3 pounds a week! I used to and now it's slowed down but thats more to lifestyle changes!
    2-3 pounds is what you should be losing every week or even less, sometimes you'll lose a little more but we can't predict what our bodies are going to do !
  • Mery21
    Options

Most of what you lost the first week will be water weight. That is normal.

http://www.justinowings.com/understanding-bodyweight-and-glycogen-de/

Is it still water weight when I drink 10-12 glasses per day?
  • a_new_dawn
    a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    The dreaded "plateau"

Time to increase the amount of exercise or change type of exercise you're doing!
  • traceracer
    traceracer Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    If you are losing 2-3 pounds a week, you are doing it right. Keeping eating right and exercising and you will get to your goal:)
  • traceracer
    traceracer Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    It isnt a plateau if you are still losing weight. 2-3 pounds a week is very good weight loss if you are doing it correctly:)
  • Mery21
    Options
    Thanks. You are probably right. I think I need support on patience rather than weight loss. :tongue: