Fat free milk

Options
I have been drinking organic fat free milk, however I noticed that it has a ton of sugar (12 g per serving). I've heard that sometimes it can be better to eat the full fat versions of things vs the low fat ones, but I can't do full fat milk, it's just too gross too much for me. What kind of milk do you all drink?

Replies

• Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Err look at the ingredients, are they actually adding sugar to it?

I honestly believe you should drink 1% because vitamin D needs fat to be absorbed and it's generally added to milk.

Edit: I just looked at the milk in my fridge, that is the normal sugar in milk.
  • MrsR0SE
    MrsR0SE Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I drink skimmed milk, which I assume is the same as your fat free milk. It says 4.9g per serving on mine (100ml/4fl oz serving). To be honest I don't worry about the naturally occurring sugar in things like milk, I just concentrate on reducing the added sugars :)
  • katiej122
    katiej122 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I noticed the sugar in milk too, I switched to almond milk, 40 calories a cup, no sugar (if you get the unsweetened kind) 3g of fat...only 1g of protein per cup though but if you're concerned about sugar it could be a good swap. Its much easier on the stomach than diary milk too, but that might just be me :)
  • msmileyface
    msmileyface Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I will try almond milk.. thanks!