Help, I Need Accountability

Options
Hi! I am really struggling on my weight loss journey. I started 5 months ago only to find myself losing and gaining the same 6 pounds. I have a 5 and a half month old son, so I am nusing and I read all these posts about people nursing and losing weight, I guess I am not one of those people?! I am really looking for someone to hold me accountable on a daily basis. I get bored and I eat and I am a stay at home Mom so I am busy most the time but during nap time I get bored if I am not cleaning or taking a nap myself.

Is there anyone out there who would be willing to hold me accountable on a daily basis?

I have well over 200 pounds to lose and I did it before in the past with counting points and well lets face it, I have 4 kids, I can't afford that anymore!

Any takers?

Replies

• MaryMangan31
    MaryMangan31 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey Cassy,

I'm sending you a message now. :)
  • pattybattin
    Options
    I have been on here since early March. I only ride my exercise bike 2 times a day. 5 min in the morning and 5 min after work. I am really lazy. Watching the calories I put in my body has been a very awesome thing for me. And my lazy body is down 15 lbs. :bigsmile: Friend request me, I think it works better when you have others there with you.
  • StacyJCrain
    StacyJCrain Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I would be glad to help you. :)
  • amurph25
    amurph25 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi Cassy!

You can feel free to add me if you'd like. :) I'm not a mom so I can't give you much advice from that aspect. But when you do get bored and you're snacking, what are you snacking on? I was a HUGE boredom snacker when I first started and when I looked at what I was eating, it was all a bunch of junk. I stopped allowing most of it in my house, and instead as a first step, replaced my snacks with healthier things. It was hard to just stop eating all that junk at first, but after a week or so, I realized how much better my body was starting to feel. And it was easier to get in on the whole being healthy/ losing weight wagon!
  • sarahdee2007
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom, so I spend a lot of time in the kitchen-staring at the temptations. I keep my fit jars (jars with marbles of how many pounds lost and how many to go) in the snack cabinet. It really helps when i want to eat some chips to see how far i have come! I also may or may not keep a thinspiraion picture by the fridge....We can encourage one another if you want to friend me.