A Deceptive, Lying, electronic "friend" from HS

Options
katiedid1226
katiedid1226 Posts: 233 Member
A year of texting, FBing every day with someone I used to know.....finding out lots of things were not as said. I'm just sick! I know I should cut bait.....why am I so sick about this?

I can't go into details much, but how do you deal with a huge let down like this?

Replies

• katiedid1226
    Options
    Bump!
  • Vince_1964
    Vince_1964 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I guess some people just lie to try and "get" something ... trying to impress and be "more" than they really are. Sounds like this was someone you had a HS relationship with and the two of you were looking to rekindle. It sucks when it happnes ... but as I tell my kids, sometimes you just gotta move on!
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    no really i work for mi6, wear a suit with a necktie and drive an aston martin....
  • J9Pratt
    J9Pratt Posts: 4
    Options
    Run Run as fast as you can away from this poser, trust me, people who have something to hide and lie about who they are can be dangerous. I unfortunately know this from a very painful experience. As hard as it is to have "wasted" a year of communication with this individual, count your blessings that it didn't go any further and you and your family weren't hurt any further. Good luck, I say cut out your communication with this person.
  • Vince_1964
    Vince_1964 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Run Run as fast as you can away from this poser, trust me, people who have something to hide and lie about who they are can be dangerous. I unfortunately know this from a very painful experience. As hard as it is to have "wasted" a year of communication with this individual, count your blessings that it didn't go any further and you and your family weren't hurt any further. Good luck, I say cut out your communication with this person.

^^This
  • katiedid1226
    Options

^^This

Yes. I completely, totally know this is the thing to do. This person was a perfect fantasy....my prince charming coming to sweep me away from this horrible, awful world I live in. That makes it harder. I'm still stuck here. Alone!
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options

Yep, been there, done that too unfortunately. I learned the hard way, just because we knew them in school doesn't mean we know who they are today. I'm sorry. :flowerforyou:
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options

^^This

Yes. I completely, totally know this is the thing to do. This person was a perfect fantasy....my prince charming coming to sweep me away from this horrible, awful world I live in. That makes it harder. I'm still stuck here. Alone!

That was probably the point... You were vulnerable to it and an easy mark. YOU are the only one that can get yourself out of what you're living. Time to drop this douchenozzle and do it. You can do it
  • katiedid1226
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! I got myself into this mess, I'll get out of it. Just call me Pollyanna!
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Boys can be stupid. And they smell :)
  • Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    no really i work for mi6, wear a suit with a necktie and drive an aston martin....
    007 damn it stop blowing your cover! Jeez
  • katiedid1226
    Options
    Boys can be stupid. And they smell :)

:explode:
  • Marper8521
    Marper8521 Posts: 160
    Options
    I wish there were something positive I could say about the internet and the lure that jerks like that find in the easy deception they are able to present. It does not matter if it's an old HS fling or some joe blow from bf anywhere, the internet is the perfect medium for todays charletons. Seek professional help to get you out of your current hell and use the internet to do your research and not as a means of social support. Even MFP, as it appears to be a sight where people gather for the same reason will have its share of lurkers and jerks that are just here to find a warm spot to screw. Don't let it be you. My .02 cents.
  • RahBuhBuh
    RahBuhBuh Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Thankfully you found out now before things went even further. You can also use it as a time to reflect and learn about yourself. At what point did you begin to suspect things weren't as they seem? Why didn't you listen to your instincts? Things like that will help you in the next relationship.

Also, don't be too hard on yourself. Everyone wants to be loved/adored/swept off their feet. Some people are just poopie masters of manipulation and know how to take advantage of that.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, you just get f*cked without enjoying it. That's what happened here. You should move on and realize that the person you cared about is not the real person. I'm sorry.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    address it and move on. Change your routine and keep busy. Better to find out now then later.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    details needed. don't talk about it w/ out giving the details.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I apologize. My first response was so cold. No matter what the issue you are in pain and I did not even address that. All the advice in the work is not going to help the sad and painful feeling you have right now. But perhaps the fact that you recognized this person for what they are will give you strength to get through it.
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I wish there were something positive I could say about the internet and the lure that jerks like that find in the easy deception they are able to present. It does not matter if it's an old HS fling or some joe blow from bf anywhere, the internet is the perfect medium for todays charletons. Seek professional help to get you out of your current hell and use the internet to do your research and not as a means of social support. Even MFP, as it appears to be a sight where people gather for the same reason will have its share of lurkers and jerks that are just here to find a warm spot to screw. Don't let it be you. My .02 cents.

This^
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options

Really? I work for mi6 as well :laugh: