• ncbrowneyes97
    ncbrowneyes97 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sarafit926
    sarafit926 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Seriously... NUTELLA-BANANA-BREAD?

Nutella has effin' 200 calories A SPOON. Well, 100-150.
    BANANA is the MOST CALORIE HAVING FRUIT.
    Butter.... OH MY ****ING LORD!

Are you trying to lose weight,are you?

Whoa there, calm yourself. Sometimes we want something extra-delicious. The recipe cut out the oil, and there's only 1/4 cup of Nutella (400 calories), 4 bananas (~440 calories) and 2 tablespoons of butter for a 13-serving loaf.
  • megntranr
    megntranr Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Sounds AMAZING!!!
  • sarafit926
    Options
    Indulge yourself once in a while and you'll get nowhere.
    You have to be strict. Such things as NUTELLA who have over 2000 cals in the whole bottle or butter and everything else, they should not be in this forum.

Darlingface, you and your negativity should not be in this forum.
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I keep eyeing the Nutella at Costco, but couldn't justify buying it until now...
  • mfp_1
    mfp_1 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    TonyaGonya
    But if you want to be very precise in your own diary, can't you just measure out a cup, weigh it, then create your own recipe to get a more accurate calorie estimate? I assume this problem would come up a lot for those looking for very specific calorie information. Just a thought. I know that makes a bit more work than if recipes were written that way as a standard, but at least you could still use them and feel confident about the numbers.

You're right, volume recipes can be converted to weight recipes with effort. But now that I've started using digital scales, I just find it easier when the recipe already does it.

Most, if not all non-American recipes quote ingredient weight as standard. The food labels do too. Weight is increasingly common in American recipes and labels too.
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Don't let your family eat this junk food...

Stop being so self righteous. No, nutella is not the healthiest thing on the shelves, but once in a while if we want a treat, we deserve one. If you choose to cut out all sugar, fat, and treat type foods, then that's your perogative, but you have no right to come on here and start lecturing everyone.
  • sarafit926
    Options

Stop being so self righteous. No, nutella is not the healthiest thing on the shelves, but once in a while if we want a treat, we deserve one. If you choose to cut out all sugar, fat, and treat type foods, then that's your perogative, but you have no right to come on here and start lecturing everyone.

THIS!
  • freezingmoon
    Options

THIS!

as long as you are within your calorie, fat, sugar and carb guidelines, i see no reason why you shouldn't allow yourself indulgence occasionally. everything within moderation. seriously, you're over there saying we shouldn't even eat BANANAS because it's the FRUIT with the most calories. completely ridiculous. take your negative attitude elsewhere. losing weight is as much mental as it is physical.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Indulge yourself once in a while and you'll get nowhere.
    You have to be strict. Such things as NUTELLA who have over 2000 cals in the whole bottle or butter and everything else, they should not be in this forum.

YOU shouldn't be in this forum...Being strict is what got me where I started. Id cut out everything bad for you and binge on it later. This way, I incorporate it into my food and don't binge later on. THIS works for me... Maybe you should find the group for ED's and spout off there.
  • cinsuccess
    cinsuccess Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Bump. :love:
  • Micheetah
    Micheetah Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    omg, i love you! tyrin this one THIS weekend for sure
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I made something similar but instead of baking it as a loaf, I used a muffin tin. I froze most of them and was able to take a serving out as needed for a quick treat on the go.
  • kswift85
    kswift85 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • jenmarie2012
    jenmarie2012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    yummmmyyyy!!!! love nutella and banana bread! def. will have to try this :love:
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    that sounds delish but i would almost prefer the nutalla on top, as a frosting :)
  • JNALTBK
    JNALTBK Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    What could possibly be better!!!
  • NicolettetheGreek
    NicolettetheGreek Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Now thats an interesting recipe right there...gonna have to try it!!! Bought a jar of Nutella awhile back and have been afraid to open it...the reviews on it are astronomical...and i'm afraid i'll clean the jar out in one sitting..LOL! Thanks 4 sharing!:wink:

Yeah, it's a well known fact that most people eat Nutella with just a spoon. Nothing else. Spoon, jar of Nutella=Chocolately hazelnut overdose.:devil:

But, what a way to go!!:laugh:
  • nannabannana
    Options
    bump..Now that is sounding really good to my ears..Tks.