Another Bun in the oven???

Options
Ok, so I finally lost all my baby weight, yay for me! Well, I am six months post partum and.......... I am not sure yet, but I think I might be prego again with baby number two. Don't get me wrong, if I am I will be super happy. It is just that it is too early for the test to show up positive, and I feel different- really fatigued, moody, my cycle is messed up anyways because I had the IUD removed almost two months ago, so I can't go by that. I also have noticed a feeling of nausea sometimes. I am going in to get a pregnancy test in a couple weeks, when i know for sure it will give me accurate results. i just hate the waiting game...... So my question for those of you with children- How long after intercourse did it take for you results to come back positive? Any answers would help me out!

Replies

• Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    With my son, it was only about 3 weeks. When I took the test, you know how there is the line that shows you your pregnant and then the test line to make sure you put enough pee on the stick? And you know how it tells you to wait up to 10 minutes for results. Yeah... mine was IMMEDIATE and the whole bar was full in seconds.

DH referred to it as being 'super-pregnant.' :ohwell:
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Keep us updated
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I believe a blood test will show as early as 7 to 14 days after conception... urine test somewhere between 3 and 4 weeks after conception. If you want to know sooner than later, call your doc's office - they can tell you the facts about a blood test and if it's covered under your insurance.

Good luck either way!!! :smile:
  • Bella151
    Bella151 Posts: 123
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your advice, and I will definitely keep everyone updated!!!
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    Our date of conception (according to cycle dates & all that jazz from the docs) was 4/11/08 and I took my test on 4/30/08. so mine was almost 3 weeks.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    With my son, it was only about 3 weeks. When I took the test, you know how there is the line that shows you your pregnant and then the test line to make sure you put enough pee on the stick? And you know how it tells you to wait up to 10 minutes for results. Yeah... mine was IMMEDIATE and the whole bar was full in seconds.

DH referred to it as being 'super-pregnant.' :ohwell:

mine too! :laugh: it wasn't a faint pink - it ws dark red as soon as the pee touched the stick. LOL with my daughter is was more normal - i had to wait the full 5 minutes lol
  • frogtoestoo
    Options
    When I got pregnant with my son (born in 1990) I was nauseated at work the MORNING AFTER. All the women at work kept asking me if I could be pregnant, and I kept answering "If I am, it happened last night!" Turns out I was. :bigsmile: No help to your question, but a funny story I like to share. :flowerforyou: Good luck to you either way.:wink:
  • GumbyAnne
    GumbyAnne Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I am not a doctor but I do deal with pregnancy and conception issues in my professional life and I am quite sure that it is impossible to have pregnancy symptoms the morning after the sperm is introduced to the body. Sperm and eggs are tiny and they just don't move that fast. The time from the sex act to the beginning of actual pregnancy (when the fertilized egg has implanted in the uterine lining) is at least a couple of days but can be quite a bit longer depending on how the sex it timed in relation to your ovulation.

If you were experiencing morning sickness the day after sex, you either had a stomach bug or had concieved a couple weeks earlier.
  • kristen5286
    kristen5286 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I was 5 days late before I FINALLY got a positive with my son. I knew I was, though, because my breasts were so sore and they NEVER are... So I was just waiting for the HPT to finally prove what I already knew.
  • Bella151
    Options
    UPDATE: I'm not pregnant! It turns out when I had the Mirena removed, it just messed up my cycle, and my hormones- but i'm back on track now.
  • jtodacheeny
    jtodacheeny Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to conceive? Why did you get the Mirena out? I'm asking because I am getting mine on Sept 9 after having it for 2 years. Did you have any problems with it?

I didn't have any problems - but I cannot seem to lose any weight and I was losing weight before I had it in...so I don't know...And my DH and I are going to be trying for another baby in a few months and I want to get my body back on track.....
  • weaverc
    weaverc Posts: 158
    Options
    It's not about when you had intercourse that you should go off of. You should ovulate 14 days after the first day of your period. If your period is irratic it may be slightly different (14 days based on a 28 day cycle). You can get pregnant the couple of days surrounding your ovulation day. You can get some early detection pregnancy tests, but at-home pregnancy tests are all based on horomones in the urine. If you take an early test it may not show even if you are prego. I would suggest, and this has always worked for me, that you wait a day or to until after the first day you have missed your period.
  • Bella151
    Options
    Are you trying to conceive? Why did you get the Mirena out? I'm asking because I am getting mine on Sept 9 after having it for 2 years. Did you have any problems with it?

I didn't have any problems - but I cannot seem to lose any weight and I was losing weight before I had it in...so I don't know...And my DH and I are going to be trying for another baby in a few months and I want to get my body back on track.....

Well, I hated the way the Mirena made me feel- and I didn't like the fact that it could hinder weight loss (like any BC), so I had it removed. We aren't trying to conceive, per say, but I wouldn't be upset if I got pregnant again. I know for a fact I cannot be prego, because my TOM finally came on monday. Good luck on trying to conceive, that is awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!