Elliptical Buddy ?

Options
I really would like to have a buddy for the Elliptical who we can check in with and give support to each other through out the week . I just got my elliptical the other night and tried it out today using the ifit that came with it and after 5 minutes it killed me . I am just about ready to get back on for another 5 minutes .I am 30 years old and weigh about 213lbs and am aiming to lose about 33lbs by the end of July . I really do prefer having a buddy who is around the same weight and is motivated enough to keep in touch through e-mails and what not . Anyway if anyone out their is around the same goal as I am and would like to try out being buddies then get back to me .

Replies

• katglaze
    katglaze Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am an elliptical fanatic! I do twenty minutes 3 times a week along with weight circuit trainer then I walk another 3 days a week. My first time on the elliptical I went two minutes and my heart rate went to 154. I am over 50, thought I was going to have a heart attack right there. Now I keep my heart rate between 135-150, and doing great. It can overwhelming to begin with. I am healthcare so I asked a PT what to do, she laid out a program for me that works. I will help you, just friend me and I can help! If I can do it you can!
  • HappilyLifts
    HappilyLifts Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I quite like the elliptical....But if you'd have asked me when I first started using one in January I would've said "ugh! It makes me gasp for breath and feels such an un-natural movement, let me get off it!" :laugh:
    At first I could only do 2 mins on the lowest resistance, now I'm working up to 10 mins at resistance of 3 or doing 20 secs all out : 10 sec recovery.

I'm 43 and 203lbs and would like to lose about the same amount as you. send me a friend request if you want to share progress and motivation, would love to have an elliptical buddy!
  • jsugihara86
    jsugihara86 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I love love love the elliptical! I run 20 min 5-6 days a week. You can add me!
    Im 25 and currently 208.
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I am an elliptical junkie. I was on it for 2 hrs and 10 mins yesterday. I weigh 288 and am 35 recovering from a back injury that led me to gain 10-15 lbs back. Anyways...at least 3 days a week, expect to see me on there for about 2 hrs. In the beginning, back in Nov, I wanted to cry at 20 minutes.
  • Mompanda4
    Mompanda4 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Hi, I love the elliptical and mostly use it for my cardio. You could friend me if you like. My start weight was 180. Current weight 113....lot of hard work.
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    The elliptical is a great machine! It gives a nice variety too! I usually add intervals, so for maybe a minute don't work so much on the speed, but challenge yourself with raising the level of intensity, then do another minute of speed, then try backwards speed, then backward on a higher level. This of course will all get easier with time and you can add to your intensity. Please just take it easy until you are comfortable on the machine, get used to the way your body moves on it initially, then add variety! Watch your form and listen to your body! Slow and steady until your body tells you to speed it up and add intensity!!:smile:
  • Amaywil
    Amaywil Posts: 44
    Options
    WoW you ladies are quick to respond , I really like that ;-) . . . I have been a member to a few other sites and it can take a few day's for someone to reply if you even get a reply back . I am glad you are all willing to help me out and motivate me along the way . I added you all as friends and am really looking forward to getting to know you all more and to reach some good weight loss goals as well !