Gained 2 lbs but lost an Inch

Options
I'm confused. I gained 2 lbs but I lost an inch on my waist and an inch on my hips. Is this normal?
I know I"m working out more than I used to. Hard to lose the last 10 pounds!

Replies

• Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    probably gained it in muscle. I havent lost a single pound since I started working out, but I have gone from busting out of size 12 jeans to almost fitting my smaller-running 10s! (different brands=different fits)
  • yellagirl007
    Options
    I know a trainer once told me don't worry so much as with the scale, but in accordance to the inches you lose. Remember muscle weights more than fat. I go through the same problem. So, as long as you are losing the inches and look and feel good in your clothing then GOOD FOR YOU!!!:happy:
  • dbg1
    dbg1 Posts: 208
    Options
    Don't just focus on weight. That's bad. I have female track athletes who say they need to lose weight because they weigh more than their freinds. But they are in great shape and excel at their events. Narrow waist, strong core and all. Its the muscles they have that add to their weight.

Size matters not weight.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • twilight1542
    Options
    Don't just focus on weight. That's bad. I have female track athletes who say they need to lose weight because they weigh more than their freinds. But they are in great shape and excel at their events. Narrow waist, strong core and all. Its the muscles they have that add to their weight.

Size matters not weight.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Soo true! And the closer you are to your goal weight, the more true it is :)
  • carissa55
    carissa55 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness :)
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Since I have been working out (July 6) I have weighed one time. It was at the beginning and the scale showed I gained 2-4lbs and I was so depressed. My husband and trainer explained how I had to get out of the habit of weighing on the scale now that I am gaining muscle. My husband hid the scale, now I no longer care about weighing. That happens to a lot of people that are dieting only and are so use to going by the scale number, then when we start strength training we freak out because it shows we gained. It was hard for me not to weigh myself at first. Finally I just said to myself, this is a life change for the rest of my life, I don't have some deadline to lose this weight. I will do it the right way, SLOW and STEADY.
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    ok so speaking of inches and numbers and all that...

whens the best time of day to take measurements? Im guessing first thing in the morning before you consume anything so youre not bloated or full or w/e?