Bridesmaid Dress Advice

Options
My sister is getting married at the end of July, and I'm the Maid of Honor. We ordered dressed in mid-February, which was less than a month after I started losing weight. Due to the fact that we were told the dress would take 12 weeks to arrive and would need about 2-3 months for alterations and we had no clue if I was actually going to continue losing weight, we ordered in the size I fit into at the store. (We also did not have a great consultant and she made several mentions that I shouldn't count on losing more weight). Well, after just 4 weeks the dress came, and it was already too big. I've lost more weight since then, and am continuing to lose. Can anyone give me any idea how many sizes this dress is likely to be able to be brought in? We were told it couldn't be let out at all, but it would be able to be let in.

The dress: http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Short-Pleated-Satin-Strapless-Dress-F14212_Bridal-Party-Bridesmaids-Short-Bridesmaid-Dresses

Replies

• qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    With all that pleating, I wouldn't take it in more a size. You would lose a lot of details by taking it in too much.
  • butilovechocolate
    Options
    I was worried about the pleating. At first I thought it would be fine since it's just single stitches creating the pleats, but I know that pleats can be hard to work with
  • butilovechocolate
    Options
    bump to see if anyone else knows anything
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I don't think you should have any problems. Taking a look at the back photo, you could easily just cut off an inch or two from each side around the stitching and then restitch it and it would look completely A-OK.
  • butilovechocolate
    Options
    bump again