30lbs down and GW with pictures

Options
ranmca
ranmca Posts: 121 Member
hey everyone. just wanted to share my success story.heres a little bit about myself. im 24yrs old, 5'4 1/2. ive been using MFP since November 2011, and have managed to loose about 31lbs. My Start weight was 176lbs and ive have reached my goal weight of 145lbs. now that im at my goal weight i plan on trying to loose at least 10 lbs more, just because those thighs and love handles like to stick around. i lost my weight by sticking to 1200 cals as much as i could, as well as trying to get at least 250cals excersise mon-fri and at least 1000 sat&sun. it all started with walking over an hour everyday!

IMG_2699.jpg

IMG_2698.jpg

Replies

• jworb
    jworb Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    wow great job!
  • ms_tris
    ms_tris Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You look great!
  • Bonnieelizabeth
    Bonnieelizabeth Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Good job!!
  • mrsmariasheehan
    mrsmariasheehan Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    amazing job well done x
  • marilou0511
    marilou0511 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Love that you wore similar clothing for your comparison photos. You look FANTASTIC! Just weighed in with a 10+ lbs loss. Now worried if I can lose the next 10 lbs (need to lose at least 53lbs to be in the healthy range for BMI).

Any advice? Did you ever feel anxious you might not lose more, or that you'll gain back what you worked hard to lose? What should I tell myself? What did you do?
  • ranmca
    Options
    Congratulations! Love that you wore similar clothing for your comparison photos. You look FANTASTIC! Just weighed in with a 10+ lbs loss. Now worried if I can lose the next 10 lbs (need to lose at least 53lbs to be in the healthy range for BMI).

Any advice? Did you ever feel anxious you might not lose more, or that you'll gain back what you worked hard to lose? What should I tell myself? What did you do?

honestly for the first few months i was very anxious about everything. i would eat like a rabbit and would get no where. I found that just making sure i got those calories for the day and at least getting some sort of excersise just gave me so much more energy and power to go on. during those weeks when i didnt loose anything or very little i would always look at my comparison pictures to boost my confidence...nothing better than seeing that at least your better off than before. I also have a favorite quote that kept me happy and going "its not about how far you have to go rather how far youve come". I just love that quote! and i am afraid that i may gain it back one day, but now I have a better understanding of what I feel like and look like at different weights so I know i dont want to go back over 150lbs again...if i do ill start up MFP again. :) anyways you are doing so excellent so far. keep it up, its so great what your doing for yourself :)
  • KJanae87
    KJanae87 Posts: 54
    Options
    You look great! WTG!
  • ranmca
    Options
    You look great! WTG!

How long did it take? Just wondering because I have the same amount of weight to lose. Currently 168ish and want to get down to 138ish.

ive been using MFP to loose for close to 150 days (so like 5 ish months)...and Christmas,new years and easter holidays were in there so it defiantly wasn't 150 days straight lol
  • Squiggs67
    Squiggs67 Posts: 178
    Options
    WOW! Nice work...so inspirational. You go!! :)
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • YouOnlyLiveOnce16
    YouOnlyLiveOnce16 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    well done
    looking ggreat
  • icewindfirex
    Options
    You look wonderful! Just curious, did you eat back any/half/all of your exercise calories? I like comparing what people do :)

Also, hope I look like you when I get to that weight :D
  • BlueStar1989
    BlueStar1989 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    congrats on reaching your goal
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    You just motivated me to go for a longer walk today...great work and you it shows!
  • ranmca
    Options
    You look wonderful! Just curious, did you eat back any/half/all of your exercise calories? I like comparing what people do :)

Also, hope I look like you when I get to that weight :D

THANKS :):) I have to say I barely ever ate back my exercise calories. The only time i would is when I would burn 2000 in a day where i was hiking or snowboarding. My body would just get so hungry and I could tell. so I would eat maybe 500-800cals more on those days...
  • moepwr
    moepwr Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look great! Good luck with the next 10 pounds! :drinker:
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • majordlite
    majordlite Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    You look incredible...way to go! We're the same height, so I know what I can shoot for.
  • getfitnow33
    Options
    Wow hun fantastic!16730282.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • mabennett
    mabennett Posts: 53
    Options
    awesome job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!