NSV running.....

Options
LizKurz
LizKurz Posts: 340 Member
Just wanted to pat myself on the back. 16 months ago, I had my last baby. 14 months ago, I began working out again, working my way up to running a 5k just here lately. I own an iPod,and it tracks my stats. On it, the stats from the last few years, my fastest mile is 7:28, and my fastest 5k is 25:47. So imagine my dismay, when right now, my runs are more like 11 min miles. But...I also realize I'm 45 lbs heavier too. I know that makes a huge difference.

So. This morning, I decided to just run, I didn't worry about how fast I was going, I didn't wear myself out trying to go faster. I just ran. And ran. And ran 4 whole miles, or 6.4k. And my fastest pace was 10:19' and my average was just under 11 min per mile.

So yay for me! I ran farther than I have in two years!

Replies

• mabennett
    mabennett Posts: 53
    Options
    i totally understand this!! great job. some days you just have to leave all the techno crap at home and enjoy the ride...um run:)!
  • elishabeish
    elishabeish Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Just awesome!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!
  • mctiernan
    mctiernan Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Congratulations!
  • DaveC29
    DaveC29 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the run... not the pace! Great job on getting back to running!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!