6 week shred

Options
I'm just wondering if anyone wants to join me in this? It'd be nice to have a little group of supporters.
It's just the 30 day shred spread out over 6 weeks, I don't believe in consistently working out for 30 days without a break - yes, people have seen great results from it but it isn't good for the body.
I intend on doing it 5 days per week, 2 weeks at each level and including cardio at least 2 days per week (depending on my work schedule, up to 4 days). Is anyone interested?

Replies

• LaurenHess22
    LaurenHess22 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'll have to get the DVD but I'll do it with you, right now I'm mainly running and doing a little, very little, free weights and squats/sit-ups/push-ups. It be nice to start doing something new!
  • sgmomma
    sgmomma Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    thats how i did it an how im now doing ripped in 30
  • Ohjeezitskim
    Ohjeezitskim Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    That's what I'm doing! I started Monday with my mom though..
  • LittleElephant
    LittleElephant Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Actually I've read a quote from jillian that says it should only be 4 times per week but 30 days total. Guess the DVD should make that clear though.
  • BeautyAndTheGeeks
    Options
    Oh yay! I'm glad there are other people doing something similar :).

sgmomma, what kind of results did you see?

Actually I've read a quote from jillian that says it should only be 4 times per week but 30 days total. Guess the DVD should make that clear though.

Yeah, I've heard loads of different things that Jillian is meant to have said about it, it isn't particularly clear on how often it should be done. The name is highly misleading too haha.
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Help me out here ... "Shred" ??
  • beckyard
    beckyard Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    That's about what I'm doing now. I started two weeks ago and did it 3 or 4xs a week while running a few days. This past week I kind of slacked tho LOL. But I'm on week 3 going into level 2. I'd love to still hop in with you guys though.
  • juicy011
    juicy011 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I just ordered Shred yesterday from Amazon, so as soon as it arrives, I'll start!!! I'm totally looking forward to it because I heard its awesome & I love Jillian!!!!
  • Daydreams406
    Daydreams406 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    some people do this workout twice a day.
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I did for 12 days straight this month and went back to my treadmill...serious burnout. Every other day is a much better idea, I think.
  • sle135
    sle135 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I have just started using MFP last week and love it. I am walking with my neighbor (who got me started here!) and want to add the 30DS. I haven't started yet so this is a good reason to!
  • BeautyAndTheGeeks
    Options
    Awesome, we've got a good little team of people now :), even if we aren't all doing it at the same time it'll be good to know there are people doing a similar thing.

some people do this workout twice a day.

well, thanks for your contribution.
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I started it. I had the exact same approach you do. I got level 1 off of YouTube. Then I went to go download level 2 from Amazon. It won't let me download because I currently live in another country. Blah. So I ordered the full DvD and have to wait for my copy. Truthfully, I'm glad it happened that way because my knees needed some healing. I'm a little nervous about starting again if my knees act up again but I'm trying to think positively.
  • DeanneLea
    DeanneLea Posts: 261
    Options
    It's only a 20 minute workout so I don't see the big deal. Insanity DVDs are 45-60 minutes done 6x a week. I did the 30 day shred and any days I missed, I made up for by doing it twice the next day. I also did cardio like walking or running several days a week. I loved the program! I'm not onto the Jillian Michaels Body Revolution.
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I'm just wondering if anyone wants to join me in this? It'd be nice to have a little group of supporters.
    It's just the 30 day shred spread out over 6 weeks, I don't believe in consistently working out for 30 days without a break - yes, people have seen great results from it but it isn't good for the body.
    I intend on doing it 5 days per week, 2 weeks at each level and including cardio at least 2 days per week (depending on my work schedule, up to 4 days). Is anyone interested?

I've already started, four days ago, but I'd be happy to do it with you if you'd like some support :)!
  • Kbackinshape
    Options
    Starting tomorrow! :)
  • wtdia
    wtdia Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am on week 4 of the 5day/week schedule you exactly described. I am on week two of Level 2 and will be moving to Level3 next week, week 5.
    I can REALLY tell the difference. I also walk 3 times a week for an hour each for some extra cardio.
    What happens after the SHRED???? I think I'll keep rotating through the levels as long as they keep making me sweat :-)
    and my muscles burn :-)
  • wtdia
    Options
    I am on week 4 of the 5day/week schedule you exactly described. I am on week two of Level 2 and will be moving to Level3 next week, week 5.
    I can REALLY tell the difference. I also walk 3 times a week for an hour each for some extra cardio.
    What happens after the SHRED???? I think I'll keep rotating through the levels as long as they keep making me sweat :-)
  • wtdia
    Options

And Level 2 plank pose exercises are killing me. But I love the burn :-)